The Student Room Group

Digital & Technology Solutions Degree At University Of Exeter

I was looking at the entry requirements for the Digital and Technology Solutions Degree at Exeter : https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/degreeapprenticeships/programmes/digitalandtechnologysolutions/
Their entry requirements is AAB so I was wondering if I get a D*D* in my BTEC Technology course and a C in mathematics would I still be accepted?
See https://www.exeter.ac.uk/media/universityofexeter/undergraduatewebsite/documents/UK_Equivalencies_table_for_UG_study_site.2021.docx - mentioned on https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/entryrequirements/ukacademicqualifications/.

If I'm reading it correctly, it's saying that AAB is the equivalent of DD (for BTEC Level 3 Diploma - is that what your "BTEC Technology course" is?) plus B at A level. That feels like it should be the equivalent to your D*D* and grade C at A level, but you're probably best to double-check with the admissions office to be sure.
Reply 2
Sure thing! Thank you! I have tried to contact them but they haven't replied yet, since it was Easter. Hopefully I get a reply back soon.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
See https://www.exeter.ac.uk/media/universityofexeter/undergraduatewebsite/documents/UK_Equivalencies_table_for_UG_study_site.2021.docx - mentioned on https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergraduate/entryrequirements/ukacademicqualifications/.

If I'm reading it correctly, it's saying that AAB is the equivalent of DD (for BTEC Level 3 Diploma - is that what your "BTEC Technology course" is?) plus B at A level. That feels like it should be the equivalent to your D*D* and grade C at A level, but you're probably best to double-check with the admissions office to be sure.

Hi there btw what do they mean excluding general studies does this mean can pick any a level to get in this but need to meet the grades aab and 6 in gcse maths???
Original post by aryc_30
Hi there btw what do they mean excluding general studies does this mean can pick any a level to get in this but need to meet the grades aab and 6 in gcse maths???

For Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship, University of Essex specify their typical offer as "BBB", with no specific subjects required, but with the caveat that if you opt to take General Studies (with is the name of a specific A level), they ignore that A level. So don't take it. :smile:

This means you could theoretically take A levels in Art, Music and PE (none of which are at all relevant to the course). However, whether that would make you a competitive candidate is a different question.

BTW, where did you get "and 6 in gcse maths" from? Their entry requirements (here) say, "If an applicant does not hold GCSE's (C /4 or above) in English and Maths they should be willing to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications prior to Gateway."

BTW, please ensure you ready the "How to apply" section of that page. This is not a standard "apply for a full-time undergraduate degree via UCAS" scenario.
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
For Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship, University of Essex specify their typical offer as "BBB", with no specific subjects required, but with the caveat that if you opt to take General Studies (with is the name of a specific A level), they ignore that A level. So don't take it. :smile:

This means you could theoretically take A levels in Art, Music and PE (none of which are at all relevant to the course). However, whether that would make you a competitive candidate is a different question.

BTW, where did you get "and 6 in gcse maths" from? Their entry requirements (here) say, "If an applicant does not hold GCSE's (C /4 or above) in English and Maths they should be willing to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications prior to Gateway."

BTW, please ensure you ready the "How to apply" section of that page. This is not a standard "apply for a full-time undergraduate degree via UCAS" scenario.

I mean the Exeter one
Original post by aryc_30
I mean the Exeter one

So you mean the one which says, beneath the the entry requirements section I linked to above:

"The Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship does not follow the standard UCAS application process. Applicants can apply to this programme in addition to making applications to any institution through UCAS. To gain a place on an apprenticeship applicants must either:

1. Apply directly for a Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (integrated degree) apprenticeship vacancy with a relevant employer. Details of apprenticeship vacancies are available on the GOV.UK website.  Some of our partner employers may choose to advertise vacancies through us directly, more information can be found on our current vacancies page. Applicants are welcome to apply for more than one vacancy through any company offering apprenticeship opportunities.
2. Already have a position or job offer from an organisation willing to support their application

Once an applicant is able to meet one of above options, please get in touch with us via the contact methods listed above to discuss progressing with an application."
(my emphasis)

Which of the above two routes will you be following?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending