The Student Room Group

converting from Computer Science to Information technology BSC

hello,
i currently study bsc computer science but its not what i thought, i thought they will teach u less maths, and teach you how to do things on the computer, software and stuff. im in first yr right now and already not liking city uni of london and thinking to transfer to hertfordshire for BSC Information technology. what u think?
Original post by CSstudy123
hello,
i currently study bsc computer science but its not what i thought, i thought they will teach u less maths, and teach you how to do things on the computer, software and stuff. im in first yr right now and already not liking city uni of london and thinking to transfer to hertfordshire for BSC Information technology. what u think?

Hi @CSstudy123,
Sorry to hear that your current course isn't quite as you had expected. Have you spoken to your tutor about the modules and how the course progresses?
In terms of transferring to our BSc Information Technology here at Herts, do contact us via [email protected] and our Student Enquiries and Enrolment Team will forward your query to the appropriate Admissions Team.
Hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any other questions.
All the best with your decision,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
Original post by CSstudy123
hello,

Hey @CSStudy123
It is very common to feel that way and realize you want to do something else. I would like to point out that Computer Science degree in Lancaster Uni seems to be what you like.

I am a final year computer science student here at LU and we do more of coding and software development and modules. There was 1 discreet maths module in my first year term 1 but it was basics. There is some maths involved in AI module but its an optional module and you can choose to take something else that you like. You can choose to take a maths minor in first year if you want, or take something else that interests you, Like I had taken entrepreneurship.

If you are interested in IT more you can also look into Management and IT or any other joint Major, many universities offer those.
I would suggest you to look into the modules in depth before applying and understand if that is what you want.

Hope this helps,
Vyomika
LU Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending