The Student Room Group

Possible ISIS attack in Philadelphia; police officer ambushed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Nephthys
He was wearing a Muslim garment during the attack, how more obvious should it be ?

Indeed. There's also his confession that he did it for Islam. And the ISIS-inspired nature of the attack seems reasonably clear (given lone wolves ambushing police officers is something we've repeatedly seen in the last year, in Canada, Australia and Paris).

Some people are so desperate to deny the link to Islam and ISIS that they will literally say anything, including offering up bizarre theories that it didn't even happen (I suppose they're not that far from moon landing nuts)
He was wearing a Muslim garment during the attack, how more obvious should it be ?

A man, wearing an Arsenal shirt, carries out an attack on a synagogue.

#ArsenalhateJews
Reply 42
Original post by Pahlavi Palava
X

You still seem to be quite confused, and apparently have issues with reading comprehension. He claimed that I made up the FBI involvement, when in fact it was reported in the article. Leaving aside his strawman that I had claimed it was an ISIS attack (when I said it may be ISIS-inspired), he asserted there was even no basis for that, whereas in fact anyone with even the most superficial knowledge of current events would realise a Muslim man trying to execute a police officer claiming religious reasons, wearing religious garb, has a good chance of being ISIS-inspired.

Anyway, I really don't know who you are and frankly I don't care for your worthless babbling. I come on TSR to speak with people I like and whose opinions I respect. Speaking to an intellectually subnormal white knight is a complete waste of my time, life is too short. Blocked.

PS The word is spelled palaver, not palava :lol:
Original post by TheArtofProtest
No, what is a disgrace is that police officers, in the US, seem to have impunity to shoot unarmed civilians and not be held accountable for it.

The fact that the justice system allows them to get away with such actions, is horrendous.and a disgrace.

A few rogue police officers have nothing to do with this attempted murder. Nothing.

You amoral apologist for apocalyptic Islamism.
A man, wearing an Arsenal shirt, carries out an attack on a synagogue.

#ArsenalhateJews

Apart from the fact he confessed it was for Islam ? How thick are you ?
Original post by woIfie
You still seem to be quite confused, and apparently have issues with reading comprehension.
:rolleyes:

*continues to ignore the direct quotes I provided*

Anyway, I really don't know who you are and frankly I don't care for your worthless babbling. I come on TSR to speak with people I like and whose opinions I respect.

intellectually subnormal white knight

Blocked.

Continue displaying the intellectual honesty and maturity of a two-year-old, won't stop people seeing through your terrible arguments. :rolleyes:
Reply 46
No, what is a disgrace is that police officers, in the US, seem to have impunity to shoot unarmed civilians and not be held accountable for it.

The fact that the justice system allows them to get away with such actions, is horrendous.and a disgrace.

Please explain what this has to do with a man in Muslim garb approaching a vehicle and firing 13 shots at the police officer inside.
Original post by JezWeCan!
A few rogue police officers have nothing to do with this attempted murder. Nothing.

Rogue? If they were "rogue", they would have been arrested, charged and convicted.

The fact that some of them are still in their jobs lends credence to the suggestion that the police, as an institution, looks after their own.

Whilst those specific instances of miscarriages of justice may not have been at the forefront, nevertheless, it has come to pass that the police force, as an institution, is distrusted and hated.

You amoral apologist for apocalyptic Islamism.

Perhaps when you've stopped your frothing at the mouth, you can come back with a clear mind and seek to establish facts?
Apart from the fact he confessed it was for Islam ? How thick are you ?

The police has briefed the media on that? Who was the source?
Original post by Lacesso
Please explain what this has to do with a man in Muslim garb approaching a vehicle and firing 13 shots at the police officer inside.

The man could have been wearing a Lakers vest, for all one cares.

I am simply saying that many people in the US have come to see the police as corrupt and at times, racist, and perhaps it is more suggestible that this was one of them times where someone decided to take the law into their own hands.

After all, why would IS inspire someone to shoot one law enforcement officer, at night as well? Does it fit in with the other attacks at San Benardino or Garland?
The police has briefed the media on that? Who was the source?

"the suspect has given a full confession, saying he did it in the name of Islam. Sources also say the suspect’s full confession of the alleged attack was written down and recorded on video."

That's CBS news
"the suspect has given a full confession, saying he did it in the name of Islam. Sources also say the suspect’s full confession of the alleged attack was written down and recorded on video."

That's CBS news

Ah, if only the news was really news instead of intense and wild speculation.

Who was the source? Random guy off the street?
The "wolfie" school of debating:

1. Patronise the other person at every available opportunity ("pet" and "you do not seem to understand" are two of my favourites)

2. Throw wild accusations at the other person to deflect from your arguments' shortcomings ("far left lunatic" and "terrorist sympathiser" work regardless of context)

3. Deliberately misrepresent the other party's arguments

4. Complain that the other person is misrepresenting your arguments

5. If they persist in disagreeing with you insult them and block them

Rogue? If they were "rogue", they would have been arrested, charged and convicted.

The fact that some of them are still in their jobs lends credence to the suggestion that the police, as an institution, looks after their own.

Whilst those specific instances of miscarriages of justice may not have been at the forefront, nevertheless, it has come to pass that the police force, as an institution, is distrusted and hated.

Even if that were true, and it is not, it has nothing to do with this attack. You are conflating two discrete subjects.

And in so doing legitimising evil. You need to take a look at yourself, your views are vile.

Perhaps when you've stopped your frothing at the mouth, you can come back with a clear mind and seek to establish facts?

I have nothing further to say to you. If you, or someone you love is killed by some Muslim nutjob because they were not stopped by a police force undermined by fools like you, you will have the logical outcome of the naive, yet wicked nonsense you spout.
Even if that were true, and it is not, it has nothing to do with this attack. You are conflating two discrete subjects.

And in so doing legitimising evil. You need to take a look at yourself, your views are vile.

Which evil am I legitimizing? The fact that police officers, those sworn to protect and defend civilians are shooting unarmed civilians or the fact that some people have taken it upon themselves (i.e: have gone rogue) in order to implement accountability where the courts, which serve the institution that is the police and continues to perpetrate injustices, has been unwilling to do?
Reply 55

I have nothing further to say to you. If you, or someone you love is killed by some Muslim nutjob because they were not stopped by a police force undermined by fools like you, you will have the logical outcome of the naive, yet wicked nonsense you spout.

Well said, it's very much like the kind of moral sabotage from the left that Orwell criticised

All through the critical years many left-wingers were chipping away at English morale, trying to spread an outlook that was sometimes squashily pacifist, sometimes violently pro-Russian, but always anti-British. It is questionable how much effect this had, but it certainly had some. If the English people suffered for several years a real weakening of morale, so that the Fascist nations judged that they were ‘decadent’ and that it was safe to plunge into war, the intellectual sabotage from the Left was partly responsible.
Ah, if only the news was really news instead of intense and wild speculation.

Who was the source? Random guy off the street?

Police sources for example ?
Police sources for example ?

If the police had wanted to brief the media, they would have done so through their twitter account, like they did with the news of the shooting.

Try again.
Original post by woIfie
Well said, it's very much like the kind of moral sabotage from the left that Orwell criticised

Thanks, I love Orwell too. :smile:

When I read posters like this one I am reminded of the term Lenin used of the naive Communists in Western Europe manipulated by the Bolsheviks.

Like them, this guy is one of the Islamic State's "useful idiots."
Reply 59
Thanks, I love Orwell too. :smile:

When I read posters like this one I am reminded of the term Lenin used of the naive Communists in Western Europe manipulated by the Bolsheviks.

Like them, this guy is one of the Islamic State's "useful idiots."

Precisely. Somehow, these far left terror sympathisers never realise that they would be among the first to be pushed up against a wall and machine-gunned. In their fantasies, they are always the ones in charge of the revolution, not the ones ending up in a shallow grave

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending