The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham Conservatoire - 2016 Undergrad Studies

... Well I have NOOOOO idea what's going on but I'm going to Bham Conserv in Sept to be a soprano - happy days!

Is anybody else doing same/similar please? And if you are ... do you know ANYTHING about accomodation? ... Where am I going to live?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Holly Teague
... Well I have NOOOOO idea what's going on but I'm going to Bham Conserv in Sept to be a soprano - happy days!

Is anybody else doing same/similar please? And if you are ... do you know ANYTHING about accomodation? ... Where am I going to live?!

I am going to Birmingham Conservatoire for piano! I can only find you on here who is going as well! :P I think most students stay in the clv, and I went to a summer school at Chetham's and shared a room with a girl who loved it a Bham (she's in her fourth year) and she said that most people miss out on social stuff if they don't stay in the clv! I have no idea about applying for accommodation though!!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I'm going to Birmingham Conservatoire for composition! Clv is the only place I could find for accommodation, it looks quite nice though. Do you have any idea if there will be a freshers group on Facebook? It looks like there have been in the past but I can't find anything for 2016, it might be too early though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I just accepted my place to do piano at Birmingham conservatoire! Anyone had any luck with accommodation? I've been signing up on clvuk.com/birmingham but there's no option to specify that you are a conservatoire student?
Original post by Holly Teague

Hi there!

Congratulations to you all for your places! As you've mentioned the most common place for Conservatoire students is CLV (now known as My Student Village) as it's nearby and has it's own built in practice rooms! You can find out more here, although we do have other locations available.

If you have any further queries about how to apply you can contact accommodation services. You may also receive an email with some information about accommodation this month.

All the best! :smile:

Lydia (BCU Team)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Can we apply for accomodation at any time, or does it start from a certain date?
Original post by PegMeg24
Can we apply for accomodation at any time, or does it start from a certain date?

Hi PegMeg24,

You can apply for accommodation from 1 March 2016 if you're starting study in Sep 2016. You just need to have accepted us as your firm choice first, and we'd suggest doing this as early as possible! You must have made your application by 31 July 2016.

You can check our room allocation policy for more details.

Best,
Lydia (BCU Team)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Has anyone been allocated their flat yet? I want to know who might be near me!! :biggrin:
Well this is exciting - I've found other people going to Birmingham Conservatoire :-D

I'll be studying composition too, OMack - I'd love to hear some of your music! What kind of stuff are you writing at the moment? As for flat allocation, I got mine through a few days ago which is making everything seem so real and imminent.

Can't wait to meet you all :-)
Has anyone been allocated their flat yet? I want to know who might be near me!! :biggrin:

I'll be in flat A28 - anywhere near you? :-)
Original post by georgialbatross
I'll be in flat A28 - anywhere near you? :-)

I'm in A16!!! A little away from you! Have you visited the accomodation? I have only seen pictures! :smile:
Reply 11
I'm going to be in flat A5!! I visited earlier this year and it's really really nice!
Is anyone going to the Piano Day on Sunday?
I have a good friend who's at college now and living at clv - I stayed with him for a few days in February for the Frontiers Festival and it really is lovely! Ideally located and the sofas can make a surprisingly comfortable bed if shoved together. Where are you guys from?
I have a good friend who's at college now and living at clv - I stayed with him for a few days in February for the Frontiers Festival and it really is lovely! Ideally located and the sofas can make a surprisingly comfortable bed if shoved together. Where are you guys from?

I am glad! Are the rooms tiny, or okay? When I have been to visit friends in Cardiff uni, their rooms were so tiny!

I am from North Wales! What about you? :smile:
I am glad! Are the rooms tiny, or okay? When I have been to visit friends in Cardiff uni, their rooms were so tiny!

I am from North Wales! What about you? :smile:

The rooms were actually quite a decent size, compared with others I've seen in uni/college halls.

Absolutely love North Wales - I've spent many a happy summer in a cottage about half way between Harlech and Porthmadog. Plus, my mum's family is from the valleys in the south so Wales really feels like home. Oh and I'm from Sheffield :-)
Reply 16
Well this is exciting - I've found other people going to Birmingham Conservatoire :-D

I'll be studying composition too, OMack - I'd love to hear some of your music! What kind of stuff are you writing at the moment? As for flat allocation, I got mine through a few days ago which is making everything seem so real and imminent.

Can't wait to meet you all :-)

Hi! It's nice to hear from someone who is composing too! At the minute I'm composing anything and everything, what about you? If you want to find me on Facebook my name is Oliver Mack.

Do you guys know anything about a 2016 freshers Facebook page/chat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
The only Facebook group I've been able to find is the Freshers 2015/16... Maybe they never start it up until much nearer the time?
I'm from Scotland :smile:
Hey guys! It's getting a bit closer now!! Has anyone recieved an official letter, or start dates? I haven't!! :frown: Also, where is this Freshers group? Haha!
Reply 19
I've got nothing yet! Still waiting, no idea about the freshers group. Are we supposed to go in the bcu one because that one is up? I have no idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending