The Student Room Group

What do I need for a College course in acting?

Hi, I'm a college student currenting in the wrong course (animal care) and I want to do something with acting and being on stage but I am afraid I don't have a GCSE in drama so I wont be able to do drama. What do I do?
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, if you’re hoping to go to drama school you don’t need an a-level in drama :smile:
That's good to hear. Thank you :smile:
Original post by IzzyDizzy1010
That's good to hear. Thank you :smile:

It may be different for A-Levels, but for getting a degree in acting from Drama Schools e.g. RADA, Guildhall, Birmingham Conservatoire, Royal College of Welsh And Drama, Rose Bruford etc they don’t require that :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
You don't need an A level in Drama to study at Drama school but I'm here to add you also DO NOT need a GCSE in drama to do Drama A level. A girl in my class did not do the GCSE and she is doing the A level - it's also not too difficult to start as you haven't really missed anything from GCSE and she is at the same level as the rest of the class. So if you want to restart year 12 to study drama, then you will able to.
Reply 5
Original post by IzzyDizzy1010
Hi, I'm a college student currenting in the wrong course (animal care) and I want to do something with acting and being on stage but I am afraid I don't have a GCSE in drama so I wont be able to do drama. What do I do?

i am in the exact same position as you…(but i’m not doing animal care, lol) i hate feeling so stuck!! can relate 🥲
Reply 6
Original post by livzz444
i am in the exact same position as you…(but i’m not doing animal care, lol) i hate feeling so stuck!! can relate 🥲

Yeah its awful. I wish you the best of luck finding a course. The best advise I can give is to stick with your interests/hobbies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending