The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jus got a praccy essay back, it was about future threats to antarctica, apart from the obvious tourism, development and climate change

i mentioned carrying capacity, and the definition of a world park, continual reference back to carrying capacity for each danger. All i said about anywhere else was that "galapagos was only sustainable when the locals took over tourism and there are no indigenous people in antarctica", i talked about larson ice shelf breaking off jan-march 02 aswell.

in the conclusion i ranked the 3 dangers.

got A+

its not that hard!!! we can all do it i know it!
Reply 421
sorri everyone, quick question. do we have to write our essay from the point of view of the position/organisation we are placed in.

Good luck!
I feel I should've revised far more than I have done for this. But because I don't like it and it bores me to death I've not been at all bothered and instead revised for stuff I enjoy learning!
Thanks for all your help.

Despite my lack of revision, I do feel that this thread has helped me out as we only had about 2 lessons in school on it.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
does antartica currently limit tourisum number each day ???? thanks and goodluck
Reply 425
I do not believe they do no.

However England especially has been trying to get a idea passed whereby only certain ships can get to antarctica. Something like ships with less than 300 people, that have well constructed fuel tanks so it wont leak and that uses light fuel that does not contaminate to much.
Reply 426
geo--NG-geo
does antartica currently limit tourisum number each day ???? thanks and goodluck

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/holiday_type/cruises/ar
ticle1886800.ece

This year Antarctic treaty members came extremely close to implementing a legally binding set of tourism regulations, but the measure failed to receive the necessary unanimous vote.Instead, members agreed on a few key resolutions, which brought treaty members into line with existing IAATO by-laws. These include a specific limit on the number of visitors allowed ashore in the Antarctic and a ratio requirement of one guide for every 20 visitors.

Good luck everyone ... and thanks :tsr2:
Reply 427
Mod edit: Please don't discuss Edexcel exams until after the time limit - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/announcement.php?f=131&a=86
Reply 428
Do not talk about it on here for another 12 hours...unless you want warnings like me >.<
Reply 429
why do you get warnings for talking about it?
yeah that does seem strange, i want to know what everyone else wrote!!!
Reply 431
Apparently the test is being taken in different time zones so apparently there will still be people reading this before their exam starts...

You can use email to discuss it just not PM's or the thread.
Please Do Not Talk About This!
if you click on the link at the top of the page Edexcel Exams Discussion you will find out why you can't talk about it!
Q3 was the worst,

anyone find it such?

jack
Reply 435
:redface: at jack not meant to say stuff like that! People in other time zones can read it, i sent you a personal message about what i thourgt though :P
Reply 436
I really had no idea about not discussing the exam...they should really make that much more clear...the time zone aspect never even entered my head! Now that i have a warning, what does that mean? Any help?
Ces
I really had no idea about not discussing the exam...they should really make that much more clear...the time zone aspect never even entered my head! Now that i have a warning, what does that mean? Any help?

Hey! Don't worry- I did exactly the same last week and got 10 warning points.
Basically after 14 days they disappear, providing that you don't get any more. However if you have 15 warning points then you're banned for a week.
Hope that helps- it's easily done though tbh they should make it more obvious that you're not allowed to post. I completely didn't realise and am not the type who would 'break the rules' as such.

Anyone want to talk about the exam, feel free to pm me lol :smile:
Correction - apparently you can't pm people either! It's fair enough I suppose.

Speak to some of you in 12 hours or more then!? :smile:
Reply 439
At 12.00 tonight you guys can gossip about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending