The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

agree totally phill, if ben doesnt want to know or talk about it then why is he on here in the first place?
Hey Jade! It's always great to have another 'Durhamer' on here!
lol, nice 2 know! how do u feel the synoptic paper went? to be totally honest i was pleased with the questions and felt that there was a good chnace to show the bredth of your knowledge although some of the questions were v open and i felt like i had too much to say. anyhow fingers crossed! im pretty confident i will get what i want but never say never
Yeah; the third was very open. I waffled on a lot, lol, but got some good synoptic stuff in and hopefully made some valid points!
_ben
And it's quality not quantity :wink:

I wrote about 4 pages for each question and that was with constant writing.

People have different sized handwriting as well.

Did anyone not actually find themselves reading the resources that much?

I thought it was fine, better than expected although i always feel that you never know with these things.

I dont think i referred to the map enough :s-smilie:
Reply 485
Personally I found the paper rather hard, I found myself repeating my points in literally all 3 question. BTW does anyone know if the examiner marks all 3 questions or wheather the paper is spilt?.

I found Q1 to be the most painfull, I felt at a lost to wat they wanted other then for us to repeat the resources back to them, likewise i found with Q2 i was copying out large chunks of the resourse with very little of my own input.
Reply 486
I think it was alright! Accept I felt a bit stupid cause I took my highlighter into the exam and wrote and highlighted that letter, it really helped me but I didn't realize you weren't aloud to write on it until I finished writing all over it and closed the booklet and saw "DO NOT write ANYTHING in this booklet" Oh well! :p:
Reply 487
jADEY POPS
agree totally phill, if ben doesnt want to know or talk about it then why is he on here in the first place?

Bloody firecrackers.

I DO want to talk about the exam that is why I'm on here. But discussing how many marks you need to get to get your silly little grade is neither interesting or much to do with the exam.

At least you've got your reassurance :yy:
Reply 488
Soph_K
I think it was alright! Accept I felt a bit stupid cause I took my highlighter into the exam and wrote and highlighted that letter, it really helped me but I didn't realize you weren't aloud to write on it until I finished writing all over it and closed the booklet and saw "DO NOT write ANYTHING in this booklet" Oh well! :p:

You were allowed to write in it; it is yours to do whatever with - even eat it if it takes your fancy! But whatever you do write in there is not marked by the examiner, therefore this is why they say DO NOT write anything in there. Personally I just done my plans before all of my questions, and ony circled the key points for each question on the corresponding paragraph on extra 'letter' booklet.
Reply 489
The not writing in the exam booklet is for before the exam, when you are given the pre-released material.
_ben
But discussing how many marks you need to get to get your silly little grade is neither interesting or much to do with the exam.

At least you've got your reassurance :yy:

There really isn't any need to be rude.
_ben
The not writing in the exam booklet is for before the exam, when you are given the pre-released material.

nah, the insert with the letter and questions said it on the front.
Reply 492
legotraintrack
nah, the insert with the letter and questions said it on the front.

Yeah I guess if you write in the booklet they won't know if you did it before the exam or during.
_ben
Yeah I guess if you write in the booklet they won't know if you did it before the exam or during.

yeah the examiner person didnt explain anything to me bcoz i started my exam when other ppl were in the room but she noticed it said not to write on it after i had finished and highlighted stuff etc...it shouldnt matter though. its not as if the exam board need them or anything. i think the school even gets to keep them coz we got given last years ones as a mock.
hope it doesn affect grades or anything!
mini_quinney
yeah the examiner person didnt explain anything to me bcoz i started my exam when other ppl were in the room but she noticed it said not to write on it after i had finished and highlighted stuff etc...it shouldnt matter though. its not as if the exam board need them or anything. i think the school even gets to keep them coz we got given last years ones as a mock.
hope it doesn affect grades or anything!

It was only the question paper that said NO NOT WRITE wasn't it? I didn't realise thus annotated the letter and questions. I think it means do no write your answers on this or something. Anyway our geo teachers told us we should highlight it, in order to pinpoint exactly what the qu is asking. Surely we can't get marked down for it, it's showing planning and organisation lol!
That question paper wasn't available until we were actually in the exam room, so how could we have written anything on it beforehand?

Ach I'm confused. And desperately hoping that the above is right :s-smilie:
Reply 495
It IS only your answer paper that gets sent off! Your exam secretary or invigilators should have checked that there was nothing written in the booklet before you started. After that point no-one would know or be bothered about it.
Reply 496
personally i found the exam quite hard, i feel like i really screwed it up. it was my third exam of the day and i had no energy left to think or right, so i felt myself giving up. now i only wish i tried harder. cries:frown:
Reply 497
Our teachers just kept the resources and told us to print our own off so we didn't have to worry about taking them in to the exam.
nervosa
personally i found the exam quite hard, i feel like i really screwed it up. it was my third exam of the day and i had no energy left to think or right, so i felt myself giving up. now i only wish i tried harder. cries:frown:

:hugs: don't worry! There's no point dwelling on what you could have done (I'm guilty of that) you have probably done really well! Anyway it's bloody knackering having 2 exams in one day, let alone 3 so it's no surprise you feel knackered...
Reply 499
Phew...all my exams are over now.

Is there a thread somewhere discussing the hazards coursework? I am a tad worried about mine being to long =S.

Latest

Trending

Trending