The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography A2 Unit 3

Heyy everyone I just wanted to ask which topic out of the 6 everyone is doing and which is the easiest, cus Im having a really hard time deciding which 2 Im going to do.
Also any predictions for the compulsary topic is welcomed

Thank you soo much xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mariochan
Heyy everyone I just wanted to ask which topic out of the 6 everyone is doing and which is the easiest, cus Im having a really hard time deciding which 2 Im going to do.
Also any predictions for the compulsary topic is welcomed

Thank you soo much xx

Hello im doing this board too, ive decided to learn biodiversity, energy and tech fix. We believe that the synpotic this year might be water, but not a 100% sure
Reply 2
I'm revising water (probably the synoptic), energy and superpower geographies :smile: We haven't learnt tech fix or bridging the development gap yet but I will revise one of those as a spare one.
Reply 3
Original post by rishani
Hello im doing this board too, ive decided to learn biodiversity, energy and tech fix. We believe that the synpotic this year might be water, but not a 100% sure

Yeah I went through it and I kinda guessed it would be water but I really dont want it to be because I really like that topic I know I'd do well quite well on it if it wasnt the syoptic.
Hows revision getting on? xx
Reply 4
Original post by bagella
I'm revising water (probably the synoptic), energy and superpower geographies :smile: We haven't learnt tech fix or bridging the development gap yet but I will revise one of those as a spare one.

I've done bridging the development gap its really interesting but im not a fan of some of the questions so.. but biodiversity is pretty good for me because the questions are decent and so is energy. Im currently learning superpowers and thats looking like an option. My teachers said revise 4 in case a question is ridiculously dodgy.
Reply 5
Yeah I went through it and I kinda guessed it would be water but I really dont want it to be because I really like that topic I know I'd do well quite well on it if it wasnt the syoptic.
Hows revision getting on? xx

Hello Yeah revision is not bad, just finished learning tech fix. Now its just the matterof exam practice.
How is revision going for you?
Reply 6
Original post by rishani
Hello Yeah revision is not bad, just finished learning tech fix. Now its just the matterof exam practice.
How is revision going for you?

Im a bit behind as I've only just finished revising biodiversity... my school doesnt teach tech fix properly, they teach it synoptically so I wont be touching that.
Reply 7
Im a bit behind as I've only just finished revising biodiversity... my school doesnt teach tech fix properly, they teach it synoptically so I wont be touching that.

Yeah same they havent taught it, i just did it myself. How did you revsie for biodiversity?
Reply 8
Original post by rishani
Yeah same they havent taught it, i just did it myself. How did you revsie for biodiversity?

So why are you doing it? Im using school notes plus some really good notes I found on the web by someone called Natalie Gsomething once I do I revise energy and water i'll do all the questions I can find. wbu?
Reply 9
What are you guys doing as your Unit 4? We have to do Tectonics and I want to shoot myself haha. I know more about Haiti 2010 than I know about myself at this point.
Reply 10
So why are you doing it? Im using school notes plus some really good notes I found on the web by someone called Natalie Gsomething once I do I revise energy and water i'll do all the questions I can find. wbu?

Heya, tbh i hate the other topics tech fix seems to be fine thats why i did it. Im going to practice questions soon too. Baisicsally to do the papers.
Reply 11
Original post by bagella
What are you guys doing as your Unit 4? We have to do Tectonics and I want to shoot myself haha. I know more about Haiti 2010 than I know about myself at this point.

I thought everyone did tectonics, well Im obviously doing it but my school hasn't actually stated teaching it. I mean we went to a conference if that counts...
Reply 12
I thought everyone did tectonics, well Im obviously doing it but my school hasn't actually stated teaching it. I mean we went to a conference if that counts...

The topics your school can pick from are:

Tectonics
Cold environments
Consuming rural landscapes - leisure and tourism
Pollution and human health at risk
The world of cultural diversity
Life on the margins - the food supply problem

We've only just finished learning tectonics with one of our teachers and we've been learning it for 5 months. I'm sure they didn't need to drag it out that long though, we were just watching DVD's for the last three months.
Reply 13
Loool erm we are going to learn leisure and tourism😮
Reply 14
Has anyone got any good notes on biodiversity..?
what textbooks are you guys using for revision
Having made a list of previous synoptic topics I thought it would be the technological fix as the 2016 synoptic. Oh well I am learning tech fix , energy security and water conflics.
I do have the questions from june 2015 as i got my script back. I messed up on the synoptic section. Section A i got 7/10 12/15 7/10 12/15. Will post a pic of questions in the morning
Heres 2015 questions
I DONT HAVE THE RESOURCE BOOKLET SO THE 10 MARKERS ARENT WORTH DOING
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Geography-Textbook-Sue-Warn/dp/0340949546/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1456663129&sr=8-10&keywords=edexcel+geography
This book is a beast for this exam, all the case studies are withing them and are known to the examiners.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending