The Student Room Group

Does anyone else think weed is stupid?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the bear
drugs are a mug's game

Amen. I refuse to even take painkillers or coffee.
Reply 41
Original post by Xmas lover
It's stupid and ruins your body. Your body is a temple not a cemetery, so you should treat it that way.

smoking weed regularly for one year can do more damage than smoking baccy does in ten. Not saying baccy is good either though.

First part is emotional drivel, second part is plain incorrect
Original post by alkaline.
okay so why don't they then ?

Racism. By the Americans towards the Mexicans. At least that's how prohibition started.

Now we reach the point where I don't think the Government quite know why they keep it illegal. But they inisist on doing so. It has a certain image perpetuated by ignorant people.
Amen. I refuse to even take painkillers or coffee.

bear™ often has both together :ahee:

:bear: >>>> :spank:

:colondollar:
If alcohol was invented tomorrow it would be illegal, it isn't because it's been around forever and is a massive revenue source for HMRC.

I quit weed because it made me lazy but it has different effects on different people, it's absurd to try and compare a stoner to someone injecting heroin into their ankle.

I think if the whole world smoked weed there wouldn't be any wars or crackpot religious violence, although not a lot would get done at all.
Original post by the bear
bear™ often has both together :ahee:

:bear: >>>> :spank:

:colondollar:

Hahaha! :smile:
Original post by ShannyMorrison

It's overrated, expensive, smells awful, doesn't even have any effect (on me)?

Sounds like you got ripped off :tongue:
Original post by 22.22
First part is emotional drivel, second part is plain incorrect

Hate to tell you sweetheart, but that second part is stuff that you learn in GCSE Bio. If you don't believe that, that's your choice, but don't try and tell me that I'm wrong.

As for the first part, all I can say is 'are you trying to kill your body?'

*smiles sweetly*
Original post by frankieboy
Racism. By the Americans towards the Mexicans. At least that's how prohibition started.

Now we reach the point where I don't think the Government quite know why they keep it illegal. But they inisist on doing so. It has a certain image perpetuated by ignorant people.

As much as I think that cannabis should be legalised, it is people such as yourself who probably have the opposite effect to that which you desire

'blahblahblah cannabis is only illegal because the 'muricans are waycist'

It makes the average legalisation advocate seem like a braindead, paranoid, conspiratard
Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
What is the point in alcohol? or tobacco? or cocaine? or caffine?

All pointless, apart from caffeine, which:

* Can benefit people who are at high-risk for liver disease.
* Increases physical performance
* Increases metabolism by breaking down fat, freeing fatty acids and forcing them to be burned. (Caffeine is the most active ingredient in many diet pills.)
* Increases pain relief medication effects.
* Increases mental faculty.
* Reduces asthma symptoms.

Among other things.
Original post by WoodyMKC
All pointless, apart from caffeine, which:

* Can benefit people who are at high-risk for liver disease.
* Increases physical performance
* Increases metabolism by breaking down fat, freeing fatty acids and forcing them to be burned. (Caffeine is the most active ingredient in many diet pills.)
* Increases pain relief medication effects.
* Increases mental faculty.
* Reduces asthma symptoms.

Among other things.

I don't know why people try to give up caffeine as if doing so is good for them, some people do have bad reactions towards it, but for most people, it has health benefits.
Reply 51
I think it's great. :smile: Helps calm my anxiety, take care of my depression. And the tasty food part is the best imo lol
Original post by AntiBabylonista
I don't know why people try to give up caffeine as if doing so is good for them, some people do have bad reactions towards it, but for most people, it has health benefits.

Exactly, as long as you're not taking large amounts all the time then there will be no adverse long term effect; whereas for all the other drugs listed in this thread there are potentially several, some life-threatening.
smoking weed regularly for one year can do more damage than smoking baccy does in ten. Not saying baccy is good either though.

...and that was professor Xmas Lover there, head of toxicology at UCL.
Now over to our overseas correspondent, Miss Piggy, with the latest on Syria.
Original post by AntiBabylonista
As much as I think that cannabis should be legalised, it is people such as yourself who probably have the opposite effect to that which you desire

'blahblahblah cannabis is only illegal because the 'muricans are waycist'

It makes the average legalisation advocate seem like a braindead, paranoid, conspiratard

If you read what I said properly, I was saying that's how it started many years ago. Now, no one's quite sure.

No need to be quite so aggressively Daily Mail about it.
It's stupid and ruins your body. Your body is a temple not a cemetery, so you should treat it that way.

Source or it didn't happen...
(edited 8 years ago)

What a load of old hyperbolic rubbish.

Firstly, that's complete rubbish. Secondly, what about eating it, or vaping it?
Reply 57
Original post by ShannyMorrison
Like, what's the point?

It's overrated, expensive, smells awful, doesn't even have any effect (on me)?

The only benefit I can see from it is that it lowers obesity rates.

I'd really like to make a long reply but my eyes keep rolling upwards. And that's without having weed 😎
To have a laugh on a night out or just chilling with your friends without embarrassing yourself, throwing up or having a hangover the next day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It is my life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending