The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrews vs. KCL - Security Studies

Hi everybody,

I applied for the Mlitt in International Security Studies at St. Andrews and for the MA in Intelligence & Security Studies at KCL. Currently I´m struggling to chose between the two programmes and universities. While the atmosphere at St. Andrews is amazing, I was wondering if KCL would be better regarding the employability, due to the location in London. Do you guys have some advice for me?
Reply 1
I have the same dilemna, anybody to help?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
hi! ive applied for the MLitt in International Security Studies at St Andrews, and desperately hope to get in! Does anyone know the competitiveness for the course?
@studentnor: Have you gotten into the uni now? I also applied for this course (quite late) having graduated with a 2:1 in War and Security Studies from Hull uni a couple of years ago. I just received my unconditional offer and will be most likely accepting this. If it gives more context, I have work experience in Parliament and have studied Mandarin at Lincoln uni for a year since leaving. Also one of my undergrad essays on terrorism is used as a recommended reading at a university in Madrid.
Original post by A VII J P
@studentnor: Have you gotten into the uni now? I also applied for this course (quite late) having graduated with a 2:1 in War and Security Studies from Hull uni a couple of years ago. I just received my unconditional offer and will be most likely accepting this. If it gives more context, I have work experience in Parliament and have studied Mandarin at Lincoln uni for a year since leaving. Also one of my undergrad essays on terrorism is used as a recommended reading at a university in Madrid.

Hi! Yes, I got accepted yesterday actually! I'm struggling to choose between KCL, LSE, St.Andrews and Warwick. I like the course at St Andrews the most! Let's see wheer I land in the end:smile: Congrats on your offer tho!
Original post by studentnor
Hi! Yes, I got accepted yesterday actually! I'm struggling to choose between KCL, LSE, St.Andrews and Warwick. I like the course at St Andrews the most! Let's see wheer I land in the end:smile: Congrats on your offer tho!

Thanks and let me know if you choose St. Andrews :smile:
Original post by studentnor

Hello,

I was accepted to the same program at St Andrews but I was also accepted for MSc in EU politics at LSE. I don't know which to choose... Let me know which one you pick! Your reasons for picking one of the other might help me make up my mind as well!
Original post by louissanscrown
Hello,

I was accepted to the same program at St Andrews but I was also accepted for MSc in EU politics at LSE. I don't know which to choose... Let me know which one you pick! Your reasons for picking one of the other might help me make up my mind as well!

EU politics at LSE is really good. Obviously its a rather different course than Security studies at St.Andrews, so do consider what kind of job your want in the future. LSE is a good name (I know people criticise when people choose unis from the names and reputation, but you have to be realistic), while St Andrews is super good for security studies. Ive been accepted to security studies at KCL, Warwick and St Andrews, and between them I lean towards St Andrews because of the Critical security module. KCL is quite law-based; I havent done much law and therefore afraid I will lag behind.

I have yet to make up my mind but I think im leaning towards LSE! But LSE and St andrews are both really good and renowned unis and you cant go wrong with either.

Good luck and let me know where you end up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending