The Student Room Group

2 More University Choices For Economics / PPE To Go Into Investment Banking Front Off

Hi so I have 3 of my university choices made which are: Nottingham (Econ), St Andrews (Econ) and KCL (PPE).

Im thinking of applying to Exeter (PPE) too but what other university would be recommended. I am limited by some of my choices as I didn't do Alevel maths and have a 5 in GCSE English so I can't apply to LSE, UCL or Warwick. I could shoot my shot at Oxford PPE as maths isn't essential but recommended but im not sure if I want to waste an option.

I know it will be slightly harder to get into IB as i'm applying to semi targets only but any advice would be appreciated.
Reply 1
what are your predicted grades and gcse grades
Reply 2
wanting to do econ without maths is going to be a massive chore.
VAST majority of the top universities require maths for anything to do with economics.
Reply 3
I am resitting but should be A*AA. GCSE 8 in Maths and a 5 in English. The rest were 6s and 7s
Original post by lilmaka
what are your predicted grades and gcse grades
Reply 4
The ones ive listed (Nottingham, St Andrews, KCL and Exeter) are all seen as top unis and semi targets and they dont require maths in the courses ive listed them with.
Original post by Marc.12345
wanting to do econ without maths is going to be a massive chore.
VAST majority of the top universities require maths for anything to do with economics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending