The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

MSc Artificial Intelligence (St Andrews) vs (MSc Data Science) Glasgow

Hi!

I've got an offer from St Andrews for MSc AI and waiting for Glasgow's decision (MSc Data Science, I'm.. somewhat confident I'll get through).

The question is - which one do I pick? I'm an international student, currently searching the Internet & forums as my only source of information. Would love to hear from someone on/closer-to the ground.

I attended the St Andrews virtual day and was fairly happy with the CS session. Friendly, knowledgeable professors and a pretty flexible program.

I think it's probably the same for Glasgow.

I do have a young family (~4-year old), so I was wondering which city would be better - Glasgow or Dundee (I'm OK with the commute to StA).

And perhaps employment prospects, I do want to spend some time in Scotland post graduation and was wondering how employers perceive Glasgow vs St Andrews, especially for CS/AI/Data Science?

Thanks for reading!
Shirley as a graduate in this area could you not come up with a all log or rthym to work this out; your 1st assignment so to speak.

"wondering how employers perceive Glasgow vs St Andrews, especially for CS/AI/Data Science?"

Find out which football team the boss supports and act accordingly!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Grizwuld
Shirley as a graduate in this area could you not come up with a all log or rthym to work this out; your 1st assignment so to speak.

"wondering how employers perceive Glasgow vs St Andrews, especially for CS/AI/Data Science?"

Find out which football team the boss supports and act accordingly!

Funny, but interesting. A service that one could potentially sell to TSR itself. BUT I'm NOT a graduate in this area, coming from a more classical CS background.
Reply 3
Hi Shirley,

Which course did you eventually go for ?

I'm also considering MSc AI at St Andrews and would welcome any course feedback if you went down that route. It looks a flexible course with only 3 compulsory modules. I'm interested in how much subject depth and theory are covered in their AI modules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending