The Student Room Group

QS dissertation

i am final year student in quantity surveying, i need to prepare a thesis. i would like to write about claim management in construction industry. do you guys have some advice that show what should i write for claim management? appreciate for your help. thanks
Reply 1
Original post by karenlsng
i am final year student in quantity surveying, i need to prepare a thesis. i would like to write about claim management in construction industry. do you guys have some advice that show what should i write for claim management? appreciate for your help. thanks

Hello Karen.

I am a construction claims expert. I do it for a living.

It's a broad subject so what are your ideas? Managing claims from whose perspective? - a client who is trying to avoid them (then your dissertation should be on something like post contract claims avoidance management, or the selection of procurement strategies for claims avoidance ) or a contractor/subcontractor who is trying to use them to increase his margins (then your dissertation might be on something like early claims identification, claims identification software (claims mining) or productivity analysis)

Where do you want to go with this?

It's a very unusual topic for an undergraduate to have a crack at because claims work is very complex and it's rare to find anybody with less than 15 years experience who knows much about it. It's a niche. Fair play to you for trying though - much more interesting than the 5000 dissertations on safety or the impact of BIM that will no doubt be submitted this year!

I'll be happy to read through and offer any advice on your proposals. No charge!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending