The Student Room Group

AA School or Cornell

Hey guys, I received offers from both AA School and AAP at Cornell for undergrad architecture and wanted to get some insight on uni life at both/ living in London/Ithaca and what the curriculum is like for both and just wanted some guidance on where I should go.
Original post by catastrophenow
Hey guys, I received offers from both AA School and AAP at Cornell for undergrad architecture and wanted to get some insight on uni life at both/ living in London/Ithaca and what the curriculum is like for both and just wanted some guidance on where I should go.

Congrats on your offer to both school! Sorry if this is off topic but can I ask how was your interview with the AA , Is it possible if you can share some tips for the Interview . Thanks a lottt!!
Original post by harrt1131
Congrats on your offer to both school! Sorry if this is off topic but can I ask how was your interview with the AA , Is it possible if you can share some tips for the Interview . Thanks a lottt!!

The interview with the AA was super professional. For me there was a panel of 3 people who were on call at the same time (2 interviewers and 1 admin). The first 10 mins was just me talking about my portfolio and then the following 10 mins were them asking questions about sketchbook work, what I would do differently in certain portfolio pieces and a quick discussion on what materials I would use in construction.
Reply 3
OP, I’d definitely take Cornell over AA cuz the overall reputation also matters as well as subject specific. At Cornell, you’ll be able to collaborate with a world-renowned engineering department on a level that the AA simply would not be able to provide.
Original post by catastrophenow

Hey! I can give some insight on living in London. I've applied to the AA too this year and its one of my top choices since I've lived here my whole life. It's such a historical and multi-cultural city and despite the rain (yes, it lives up to the stereotypes) there's so much to do as a student, plus the public transport system is super handy!

As for the course at the AA, the students that I have spoken to have said that you have freedom to do WHATEVER. No joke, they were doing dissections on mice there when I visited. Cornell is an Ivy, which has its own benefits and one may argue its prestige surpasses the AA's but I suggest looking at the prospectus for both places and seeing which course YOU like and would enjoy because qualifying as an architect takes at least 7 years. Don't worry too much about employment either, on work experience at a firm here in London I met employees who went to all sorts of unis so its more about the work you do rather than the place you go.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending