The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 7404/1 and 7404/2 - 27th May 2016 and 10th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

wagwarn people this thread is looking drier than the Sahara dessert so might as well make it more live, how is every1's revision goin, how did u lot find the specimen papers(personally found them really harder than the past papers from the old spec), also who ever wants the set 2 of the specimen papers holler me because i believe that they are not available to the public. safe, out.
Original post by OneandOnly123
fu*ck me the specimen papers were so hard it was unbelievable, how did u lot find it, hopefully they make the real papers a bit easier because that specimen was a nightmare,also how do i prepare for the practical questions ? safe .

i found the specimen papers really hard. It was different to how most of the last papers were like. My teachers did it and got a C. They did say the actual exam wouldn't as hard as the specimen paper. So fingers crossed
peak lol, that paper was next level, even if the real papers are that hard i do believe the grade boundaries will be really low, and i mean low as like 60% for an A, did he say what to revise or any tips ? thanks in advance buddy!
Original post by qwerzxcv1234569
i found the specimen papers really hard. It was different to how most of the last papers were like. My teachers did it and got a C. They did say the actual exam wouldn't as hard as the specimen paper. So fingers crossed

did he do the set 1 papers or set 2
Wait... I am resitting CHEM1. Do I have to learn the new spec????
did he do the set 1 papers or set 2

i think it was set 1
Original post by SirRaza97
Wait... I am resitting CHEM1. Do I have to learn the new spec????

Yeah i think you do
Original post by greenmath
Resitting chem 1 as I got an E in it last year, hoping to get a B/A in it this year but I feel like its a long shot :frown:

I normally dont even reply on tsr but you can totally do it!
good luck to all
Reply 68
Hey, yeah would you be able to give the set 2 spec papers???
Reply 69
wagwarn people, how is every1's revision goin, how did u lot find the specimen papers(personally found them really harder than the past papers from the old spec), also who ever wants the set 2 of the specimen papers holler me because i believe that they are not available to the public. safe, out.

Hey, yeah can I have them pleasE?
Original post by Science_help
omg, that is the best website for revision i have ever come across in my life. Wow.
Thank you very much, hope this benifits lots of people

I know. Add it to your original post so that ppl see.
wagwarn people this thread is looking drier than the Sahara dessert so might as well make it more live, how is every1's revision goin, how did u lot find the specimen papers(personally found them really harder than the past papers from the old spec), also who ever wants the set 2 of the specimen papers holler me because i believe that they are not available to the public. safe, out.

Hey im doing this new spec and i really struggling, I want an A but if the grade boundaries are at 80% for an A(average) then i havn't got a hope, I have done both the spec papers :frown: i cant get past around 76% :frown:
the spec papers aren't very good or so we've been told. Im doing paper 2 tomorrow so i may post again tomorrow
wagwarn people, how is every1's revision goin, how did u lot find the specimen papers(personally found them really harder than the past papers from the old spec), also who ever wants the set 2 of the specimen papers holler me because i believe that they are not available to the public. safe, out.

Original post by monoman
Hey, yeah can I have them pleasE?

Aha, i did these papers today in school as a test, and yh both sets are definetly much harder then any past papers ive seen, but set 2 paper 1 is much more difficult than set 1 paper 1, also i dont think its the actual difficulty of the questions that made it hard, it was just the type of questions included.
Can I get the specimen papers pls
Can I get the specimen papers please
first of all, thanks for making the thread and getting it going, i want to know something, as i havent done any of the practicals, which i believe their is 6 to do, can you please name them for me to research and potentially do, also what kind of practical questions do they ask in the exam, is it related to the practicals. also who wants the set 2 of the specimen papers, holler ur man for those. safe. out.

Sorry, I wasn't watching this thread for a while and noticed this today:

6 practicals:

1) Make up a volumetric solution and carry out a simple acid base titration

2) Measurement of an enthalpy change

3) Investigation of how the rate of a reaction changes with temperature

4) Carry out simple test tube reactions to identify cations and anions in aqueous solution

5) Distillation of a product from a reaction

6) Tests for alcohol, aldehyde, alkene and carboxylic acid

I've found a great website for you! https://secondaryscience4all.wordpress.com/2015/06/06/4-carry-out-simple-test-tube-reactions-to-identify-cations-and-anions-in-aqueous-solution/

For practical questions, I'm doing old EMPA papers (controlled assessment) which has loads of practical based questions.

You can find it here - they're titled Unit 3X : http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/chemistry-2420/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Hope you find it helpful and good luck with your revision!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by NACDC
Can I be added to this whatsapp group

Same here!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending