The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 19th May 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sulaimanali
C1 might be harder this year..

The grade boundaries are trending to increase.

6 marks:
Polymers? Limestone?

Could you explain the conditions needed for polymerisation? I think they are a catalyst and high temperature, but I may be getting confused with cracking?
Thanks
Are thermosetting and thermosoftening polymers in C1???? Someone please explain the difference if they are!!
Original post by aliceharmer15
Are thermosetting and thermosoftening polymers in C1???? Someone please explain the difference if they are!!

Don't worry, they're in C2.
Does anyone have any hard questions they've come across before, I want to practice some or similar ones so I know if I can do hard ones I can do the easy ones.
Let's hope it's not like B1 :s
Original post by Jxrgezxk
Been looking or ages, can you please explain it to me ?

do you still need help with the miller-urey experiment?
Original post by alyxgower
Don't worry, they're in C2.
Does anyone have any hard questions they've come across before, I want to practice some or similar ones so I know if I can do hard ones I can do the easy ones.
Let's hope it's not like B1 :s

Check this out mate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQ2n8B7uPI

Do you reckon it will be like that disastrous biology paper? I'm getting so scared
Original post by Do it Right
Check this out mate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQ2n8B7uPI

Do you reckon it will be like that disastrous biology paper? I'm getting so scared

I wish they make the chemistry paper hard. 😄
I have a feeling that it will be hard and focus on Limestone and Polymerisation.As they are experimenting the new syllabus on us!
I also predict that there will be a question about underage smoking and mice being high. <----- these are only predictions so don't just focus on them :wink: :P
Original post by Bumblebeezzzz44
I have a feeling that it will be hard and focus on Limestone and Polymerisation.As they are experimenting the new syllabus on us!
I also predict that there will be a question about underage smoking and mice being high. <----- these are only predictions so don't just focus on them :wink: :P

do I detect a dig at the biology paper there? 😂
Could you explain the conditions needed for polymerisation? I think they are a catalyst and high temperature, but I may be getting confused with cracking?
Thanks

Is the deep sea vents theory AQA because my mate said it was but i read through the spec and couldnt find it?
Someone please tell me about polymerisation and limestone? I've revised everything but I'm a bit weak on those topics and I can't find a lot.
Reply 70

I thought you had to know them briefly.

Thermosetting polymers have cross links thus a higher boiling point.

Thermosoftening polymers have weak inter molecular forces thus weak forces of attraction.
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck to everyone's exam today, hopefully it goes well for us all 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck guys hopefully it's not off-topic :biggrin:
Original post by mayjunemayhem
Good luck to everyone's exam today, hopefully it goes well for us all 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you you too :wink:
I need the unoffical mark scheme
Original post by danandphil
do I detect a dig at the biology paper there? 😂

Ahaha maybe :biggrin: