The Student Room Group

How am I NOT meant to feel ugly after over 10 rejections from men?

Scroll to see replies

I am 25 and in the exact same position. Message me..I would love to talk about it privately.
Original post by mrsjenner
I know what you meant because there's this lie that your "soulmate" is "within 2 mile radius of you." But that could just be a racial supremacy ideology.

I have never heard that in my life but it's blatantly wrong cause in the village where I live there's sod all and the 2 mile radius around it is effectively all fields of cows and a few middle aged farmers...
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I have never heard that in my life but it's blatantly wrong cause in the village where I live there's sod all and the 2 mile radius around it is effectively all fields of cows and a few middle aged farmers...

Got some bad news; you may now kiss the cow :/

Nah- it is dumb
It's why I regret ever taking high school relationships seriously; "oh, this girl must be the one because she happens to live in my area and sits next to me in class sometimes"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Enjoy your freedom all my life i thought all i wanted was to love and be loved and after years of what seemed like back to back short term relationships "looking for love" as i thought, i then spent 2 years of my life completely free working and living abroad having the best time of my life (not that i realised it at the time) then i met a man fell pregnant and now im tied down for what feels like the rest of my life and in all honesty i love my child and dont regret having my baby one bit but i wish id spent more time being young enjoying my freedom than desperately searching for a man to love.

So in short, screw love, its a big bad world out there embrace it! party, travel explore do whatever you want, you only get one shot at life dont waste it.
Reply 44
So, multiple rejections are pretty soul destroying, there's no doubt. But to be honest they're quite common unless you are in the very attractive set which, let's face it, most people aren't. You can imagine how many blow outs I've suffered and even some of my quite attractive mates report the same. As to looks, its about luck on the genes you get and you have to work with what you have. Branding yourself ugly is never a good idea. Rather play to strengths and work on weaknesses. Hair, clothes, make up, flirting coaching, being friendly and fun. And above all go after people of a range of physical attractiveness and give guys with good personality and lessor looks a chance. And above all keep battling. Success does come.

Quick Reply

Latest