The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Official Business Unit 1: Marketing and people - 19th of MAy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheASM98
I also got -34.1 for the income elasticity

What was the actual answer, 0.34?
i think it was way too long and the questions were worded really weirdly! hated the social trend questions too. woooops i cant remember if i did -2.2 or just 2.2! think i did 2.2 so annoying ughh
Original post by Foji
Delayering reduces opportunities* Not increases it. Less layers would mean that there's less opportunity to become e.g a manager. Get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true but even then delayering means more responsibility, hence it increases worker motivation.
Original post by Tsr19999
What was the actual answer, 0.34?

the actul answer is 34.1? though its -34.1 and i did + ugh ::frown:((
I talked about reducing food wastage and ethical sourcing as social trends... guess that's completely wrong? Should have spent time on the other questions...
Original post by HazNut134
I talked about reducing food wastage and ethical sourcing as social trends... guess that's completely wrong? Should have spent time on the other questions...

Well in the source it did talk about an obession over 'out of date' foods.

For that calculation I think it was -34.1 since price had fallen.
Original post by kassy12324
I also put about the older generation using the post office as its more convenient

phew, I was writing it in disbelief haha
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Well in the source it did talk about an obession over 'out of date' foods.

For that calculation I think it was -34.1 since price had fallen.

Yeah I guess it was just the ethical sourcing that could be wrong
Reply 88
Original post by Rainbowcorn
the actul answer is 34.1? though its -34.1 and i did + ugh ::frown:((

Oh nooooo, you got closer than me, I put '0.34' 😔😔
biz people cant even work out YED
For YED I did 75% / -2.2% because the demand increased and incomes decreased
Original post by Varun127
That's true but even then delayering means more responsibility, hence it increases worker motivation.

do you reckon i'll get away with saying that but delayering, decisions are implemented quicker and with less distortion (Chinese whispers) as the decision passes through less people, this would motivate workers because they get clearer instructions and have a better idea of what to do??
What did you guys put for the profit maximisation question? I was talking about how it wasn't important to the business because Dan said his business objective was to reduce spending or something like that, so I said that sales maximisation was their main objective. Felt like I wrote down a load of random crap in that exam because the questions were so obscure
Does anyone have any resources for notes for unit 2?
Original post by landellsharry
do you reckon i'll get away with saying that but delayering, decisions are implemented quicker and with less distortion (Chinese whispers) as the decision passes through less people, this would motivate workers because they get clearer instructions and have a better idea of what to do??

Yeah and the disadvantage would be the lack of a strong clear decision-making since they would be removing the 'middle-man'.
Has anyone got any sensible predictions for the Unit 2 paper? I think i'm weaker on those topics, also is the 20 marker on the unit 2 paper synoptic with unit 1?
Does anyone remember all of the questions that came up!? If so, could you list as many as possible please:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by landellsharry

You should, as that is correct, decisions are implemented quicker by removing layers.
Thought I did pretty well until I checked TSR...

I got the income elasticity wrong, but I probably gained 2/3marks for it

Completely missed the word "motivation" in the organisational structure question

Struggled with the distribution channels question

The rest was okay...
Hopefully got atleast a C :frown:
Reply 99
Grade boundary prediction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending