The Student Room Group

Revision Methods Please

Im doing maths IGCSE and i would like to boost my grade. Im currently working at a C/B grade and i need a B for college, i am currently using my friend to help me learn as he got an A* when he took his maths early, but any form of revision methods would be appreciated as im pretty deaperate and worried currently.
Thanks
Original post by VibrantFlow
Im doing maths IGCSE and i would like to boost my grade. Im currently working at a C/B grade and i need a B for college, i am currently using my friend to help me learn as he got an A* when he took his maths early, but any form of revision methods would be appreciated as im pretty deaperate and worried currently.
Thanks

past papers are the best way
also this website might be useful http://fhsmathsrevise.weebly.com/revision-list-non-calculator.html
Original post by VibrantFlow
Thanks

I'm currently preparing my son for IGCSE maths; this is the method I'm using:

(i) Do a pair (i.e. paper I and paper II) of past papers.
(ii) Mark and identify mistakes and weak spots; identify strengths.
(iii) Review the theory behind where mistakes were made.
(iv) Repeat.

Then after a few cycles through this,

(a) Identify consistent weak spots by reviewing papers done so far.
(b) Identify consistent strengths.

Then

(i) Thoroughly review the theory behind the weak spots and practice only past paper questions on these areas.
(ii) Work at speeding up answering questions where strengths have been identified. This gives more time for the harder stuff.

Good luck!
Thanks guys for those revision methods, will definitely put them into practice. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest