The Student Room Group

A level revision notes and advice

Hey guys, I'm starting y13 this year I do Chem OCR A, Biology OCR A and Psychology AQA. any advice for revision? I procrastinate a lot. and if you have flashcards, quizlet, Anki or any revision resources and websites please share
thank youuu<33
Original post by p-high-sces
Hey guys, I'm starting y13 this year I do Chem OCR A, Biology OCR A and Psychology AQA. any advice for revision? I procrastinate a lot. and if you have flashcards, quizlet, Anki or any revision resources and websites please share
thank youuu<33

For chemistry and biology, use flashcards to learn the content and then do past paper questions and mark them with the mark schemes to see what kind of answers are expected
NOT advertising but...
Have you tried Seneca Learning, it's a free revision resource that has courses for every subject and exam board combination
They have notes as well as questions combined and break down the topic really well
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by p-high-sces
thank youuu<33

Hi, the best revision strategy I found for bio and chem was exam questions. However you just need to make sure you don't use up all the exam questions before the last couple months before your a levels bc they're kind of fundamental to revise from. Online premade sets of flashcards are great for learning equations and definitions too. For psychology ngl exam questions didn't work for me except from research methods. Alot of research methods questions are repeats from previous years but again maybe don't solely use exam questions as they are necessary near a level time. For me what worked for psych was just reading the content and then writing it out until it stuck. My teacher always found this weird but it definitely worked for me. But yea idk how much I recommend this strategy bc its not active recall lmao. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest