The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

housing

I'm a bit in the dark and wondered if anyone could help? i was wondering what the situation is with the halls? i'm studying in the center of Brighton and don't want to be too far out? i've looked at housing with me and my 3 friends who are also going and there is not much help. i was wondering if halls is a better idea however i don't want to be isolated from the life of the city? any comments and help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
I'm not sure if this will help but my dad lived in the halls for his first year and then rented a place with his friends a bit further out, he said it was important to have good grades but also to enjoy yourself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Hi esophie

We're going to be starting a super-thread for accommodation questions very soon, in the meantime, I hope I can answer with some useful info.

We have one hall in town called Phoenix Brewery (it used to be a brewery, sadly not anymore!), but all of our Brighton halls and campuses are easy to travel between. You can get more info on all of our halls on our website, click through on each campus name for more detail.

The Big Lemon Bus (yes really :biggrin: ) run free shuttle buses between campuses and halls and the regular transport links are really good too. Buses and trains both have student tickets.

If you want to look for accommodation to share with your friend you can try our studenthomes site. It's exclusive to Brighton students, so you will need your uni username to log in. Landlords have to sign up to our code of conduct to use the site , and -bonus- they're not allowed to charge fees :smile:

You can join our Facebook group where students advertise rooms in their houses or group up to look for somewhere together.

There's loads of good info in our househunting guide which you can download here.

Well that might be a bit of information overload, but hopefully you will find it useful. You can ask us any questions here, but you can always email our friendly accommodation team on [email protected] too.

Original post by esophie
I'm a bit in the dark and wondered if anyone could help? i was wondering what the situation is with the halls? i'm studying in the center of Brighton and don't want to be too far out? i've looked at housing with me and my 3 friends who are also going and there is not much help. i was wondering if halls is a better idea however i don't want to be isolated from the life of the city? any comments and help would be appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending