The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Dont worry about your offer too much. Focus on getteing better.
And remember unis still accept people in if offers arnt met. They arnt set in stone.

I never met my offer and my uni i went to still accepted me! And my brother never got his offer either and was still accepted into the university of Liverpool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TheRealSquiddy
Best thing you can try and do is sort out the stuff that can be sorted out quickly.

Then make a list a prioritise, focus on one thing at a time.

I've been in your exact same place and felt the exact same way. It is worth it.

As Muhammad Ali said 'I hated every minute of [it], but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. Does anyone else feel sick from taking antidepressants, I just started recently. How do i stop this feeling and does anyone have any tips? Ive thrown up literally 4 times now, feel so weak :frown:
Original post by Fermion.
Thank you. Does anyone else feel sick from taking antidepressants, I just started recently. How do i stop this feeling and does anyone have any tips? Ive thrown up literally 4 times now, feel so weak :frown:

It's the absolute worst when you're sick on meds. I'm trying to get myself back to taking mine but the initial side effects are a nightmare. I found eating incredibly bland food helped (dry crackers or noodles were a personal favourite) but fluids were the most helpful. Meal replacement milkshakes were a life saved for the first week or two.

It does get better. Promise. Just hang in there.

Original post by Midnightmemories
Feeling kinda hopeless. I know it's never gonna be fixed properly. But I've been failed and left to deal with this with no support. Yet again, because I'm the one with all the issues. My twin sister is illness free. I'm the one with all the problems. I'm fed up of being unwell. I just wish I was the normal one. But at the same time I wouldn't wish this on anybody. :hide: I need to go to the doctors really, I know. But I always chicken out because the thought of opening up terrifies me. I've booked many appointments and then cancelled them because I don't feel like I can do it. I don't know what to do :cry:

Could you hand them a note? I did that at the start of the year when I desperately needed help and so much came from it. We all know it isn't easy, but it's so important to reach out if you can handle it. They'll hear about all sorts during their day, so there's nothing to be scared of from that point and once you're in there it all just falls out. I found headphones, a note and not getting there so early that I could talk myself out of it useful.

Try not to compare yourself to a sibling, it's super hard but you are you and she will have her own stuff going on too.

Original post by W. A. Mozart
I feel really flat as if I don't have any emotions at all. This would be great as it's better than being depressed, but it's also making me forgetful and making me not know any of my thoughts.

:s-smilie:

Hope everyone else is doing well! Hugs to those who aren't. :hugs:

The flat feeling is horrible. It's just this horrible strange numbing fog. I don't envy it at all. Have you tried grounding techniques? I find stretching on a really cold hard floor helpful and then working through body contacts helps a little. Mega hugs to you :hugs:

When I started on fluoxetine and sertraline (not at the same time!) I got really bad nausea that caused me to throw up. :sadnod: I was basically told to rough it out. :frown: I tried the ususal anti-nausea stuff like ginger tea and peppermint tea. I even had those bands you get for motion sickness but I'm not convinced they had any effect. It's horrible, but should pass in a few weeks. :hugs: And if you're really struggling with it you can go back to your GP. :hugs:
I'm sick of anxiety and the part that pisses me off is I actually try SO HARD, SO SO HARD to not let it affect me and it still does. Stress is making is worse, so it tiredness. I feel like a deflated balloon.
Thanks everyone, I'll give meal replacement shakes a go :redface:
Thanks everyone, I'll give meal replacement shakes a go :redface:

Sooky sweeties helped me a bit too. :hugs:
I've never posted in a thread like this before but....

Hey I'm Becky ☺️
I have cyclothymia which is a type of bipolar disorder, I've had it since my early teenage years and I'm now 21, I suffered a lot with it when I was around 14-16 and now I know how to manage it a lot more. I don't want to say it's going away because I'll always have it, but it's got a lot easier for me to deal with,

I just want to be here for anyone who needs it, I know it's hard to feel alone.
I don't really think I need to talk at the moment about anything, but if I do
I know where to come now

This is such a lovely thread it's nice to see everyone being so kind to eachother
😚
Original post by beckiefaye_x

Hey I'm Becky ☺️
I have cyclothymia which is a type of bipolar disorder, I've had it since my early teenage years and I'm now 21, I suffered a lot with it when I was around 14-16 and now I know how to manage it a lot more. I don't want to say it's going away because I'll always have it, but it's got a lot easier for me to deal with,

I know where to come now

This is such a lovely thread it's nice to see everyone being so kind to eachother
😚

Welcome! :wavey: :hugs: We have hot chocolate and blanket forts and films and All of the Fluffy Things. :yep: :tongue:
I'm Tasha. :hat2:
also idk if this is the right forum but does anyone get like vision shifts
i dont mean like hallucinations or anything but sometimes the ground will just shift and i feel like im lurching forward
had my eyes scanned and stuff or whatever they do at opticians and although i am short sighted there isnt anything wrong with like my actual like back of my eyes or nerves or whatever
strange
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Welcome! :wavey: :hugs: We have hot chocolate and blanket forts and films and All of the Fluffy Things. :yep: :tongue:
I'm Tasha. :hat2:

Hi Tasha
Oooooh that sounds so good haha 😚
Having one of those nights where I want to crawl into a ball or teleport pathetically back to my boyfriend. I keep thinking I'm brave and that I can handle a couple of days alone and then it crashes around me and I forget how to function.

I've let so many people down this week, including myself. There's stuff at work I needed to do but I keep leaving too early to finish it. I've been away work for four months because I pretty much lost the plot (it was spectacular) and I know that people are gossiping about my return and reasons for being off. We're not supposed to get sick or struggle or anything like that. We're supposed to suck it up and carry on and instead I'm a pathetic weak creature who can't handle more than a couple of hours of work at a time.

I'm building up the courage to get myself an appointment/assessment at the addiction clinic. I'm pretty much over that issue (still using but not habitually) but if I'm starting to look at really grown up stuff that affects not just me, but him and our future then I know I need to really work on my extremely poor impulse control.

Spoilered for foody weighty things:

Spoiler

Everything feels huge and like it's trying to crush me. I can't get my thoughts into an order that feels correct. My OCD has gone nuts again and I can barely move. I feel so alone.
Just got woken up and feel all out of sorts.

Felt out of sorts for a while and really dont know why. Dont feel particulary depressed but cant say i feel particulary happy either. Even on Tuesday when i was surrounded by my family in the sun having a lovely day i just felt kinda empty. I put on a bit of an act i dunno. Its an odd feeling.
Going away next week with my mum and im hoping it resets my mood because right now im just meh.

Also agreed to potentially up my hours at work, my mums not convinced its a good idea as shes convinced ill get ill again, but i need to give it a try because i cant not work full time for the rest of my life. I need to be a fully fledged adult at some point. Iv been doing 28 hours a week i think im on now for a while and can cope so an extra 8 hours or whatever it is wont harm surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I hope you are all well? :hugs:

Basically, I've been feeling low, like to the point where I (sometimes) feel like crying. I also don't know how to explain this next bit, but I just idk there's like this feeling in this stomach where I feel miserable (I probably don't look miserable on the outside, but you know :colondollar:), and I'm struggling to speak up about it to someone I know, with how I currently feel. Has anyone been in this situation before, and if so, how did you overcome it? I'm starting to feel guilty for not speaking about how I'm feeling, and I don't like it! :frown:
Original post by PandaWho
Just got woken up and feel all out of sorts.

Felt out of sorts for a while and really dont know why. Dont feel particulary depressed but cant say i feel particulary happy either. Even on Tuesday when i was surrounded by my family in the sun having a lovely day i just felt kinda empty. I put on a bit of an act i dunno. Its an odd feeling.
Going away next week with my mum and im hoping it resets my mood because right now im just meh.

Also agreed to potentially up my hours at work, my mums not convinced its a good idea as shes convinced ill get ill again, but i need to give it a try because i cant not work full time for the rest of my life. I need to be a fully fledged adult at some point. Iv been doing 28 hours a week i think im on now for a while and can cope so an extra 8 hours or whatever it is wont harm surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey lovely! Where are you going away to? Hopefully it helps with things; it's horrible having the empty feeling and acting that its not there.

Try not to rush back to work. Don't push yourself because you need to meet expectations, push yourself because you feel confident and know its right for you. And this is coming from somebody currently only allowed to teach 15 hours a week. It really sucks and feels so restrictive but if it means I'll survive a little longer then I'll do as I'm told.

Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, I hope you are all well? :hugs:

Basically, I've been feeling low, like to the point where I (sometimes) feel like crying. I also don't know how to explain this next bit, but I just idk there's like this feeling in this stomach where I feel miserable (I probably don't look miserable on the outside, but you know :colondollar:), and I'm struggling to speak up about it to someone I know, with how I currently feel. Has anyone been in this situation before, and if so, how did you overcome it? I'm starting to feel guilty for not speaking about how I'm feeling, and I don't like it! :frown:

I think a lot of us are in the same situation because talking is scary! Is there anyone you do feel that you can talk to? Even writing it down or sending a message online can make it so much easier :hugs:
Huge hugs to everyone struggling :grouphugs:

Hey I'm Becky ☺️

I know where to come now

😚

Hi Becky, nice to meet you! I'm Shan, yodelling goatherd and resident golden oldie :shakecane: :musicus: :shakecane:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Hey lovely! Where are you going away to? Hopefully it helps with things; it's horrible having the empty feeling and acting that its not there.

Try not to rush back to work. Don't push yourself because you need to meet expectations, push yourself because you feel confident and know its right for you. And this is coming from somebody currently only allowed to teach 15 hours a week. It really sucks and feels so restrictive but if it means I'll survive a little longer then I'll do as I'm told.

Heyyy! Not spoken to you in a long time! Hope your doing ok!
Im going to Wales with my mum for 5 nights. Found a beautiful campsite with a private beach! For me its representing the end of a really **** year. So closure is good!

Im gonna see how it goes and if i get ill then ill ask to cut my hours back down, i think its the right choice for me at the moment.
Oh no but atleast your still able to teach! Gives you something to hold onto atleast.
Hope you and your lil family are doing ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm Becky ☺️

I know where to come now

😚

Welcome! I'm Stu. Hope you enjoy it here!
Made a new friend today. Came to Starbucks to revise as I get bored and fed up revising in my house. This person came and asked if he could sit at my table because the cafe was full and I said its fine and he could sit there, turns out he was revising for the physics exam next week as well, same as me, and we had a good laugh together. I just wish the world was full of more people like this, I bet we would all be a lot happier.

But yeh, made my day a tad better from the constant throwing up. :redface:
[QUOTE=ParadoxSocks;71436354]Hey lovely! Where are you going away to? Hopefully it helps with things; it's horrible having the empty feeling and acting that its not there.

I think a lot of us are in the same situation because talking is scary! Is there anyone you do feel that you can talk to? Even writing it down or sending a message online can make it so much easier :hugs:
Honestly I'm just figuring out who would be the best person to talk to that I personally know, there's a couple of people in mind but not sure at the moment. I think I might try and write everything down beforehand :colondollar: :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly I'm just figuring out who would be the best person to talk to that I personally know, there's a couple of people in mind but not sure at the moment. I think I might try and write everything down beforehand :colondollar: :hugs:

I'm a big advocate of writing things down, I think that's a really good suggestion you've been given. Do try it. Even if you don't read it out to people, it helps you to organise your thoughts in advance, and that can give you more confidence :smile:

Latest