The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Did you get in with 'inadequate' grades?

I received a conditional offer (ABB) for English and American Literature, 2017, which is a damn near miracle after only scooping up BCCC in AS. I don't doubt my ability in English one bit, give or take to mental state. It's just the other two subjects.

Say if I ended up with what I predict: A (English) B/C (Politics) C (Psychlogy) how would this be treated?

I think I'm going to power most of what I've got into this English exam. It's really chewing me up though, I just can't imagine studying anywhere else and have zero interest in the other placements.

There's just the thought that ACC would suggest incompetence, when really it feels like my only care is English.

Any experiences, advice? Anything, really, this is such a heavy weight.
Reply 1
Hey, I was kinda in your position last year! goldsmiths offered me AAB for the English literature course but I ended up getting BBC and they still accepted me! With first year almost over, I'm still thankful they did, I love it here! If you ended up with acc or abc (obviously I can't predict the exact outcome) I'd like to say hopefully what happened to me would happen for you too!

But I'd ultimately say don't stress about it too much for now! Concentrate on doing the best you can in your exams (w a decent amount of revision) and all should work out! Good luck!
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
I was accepted on my Anthropology course with hardly any qualifications at all (entry grades ABB) . I'm passionate about the subject, which showed in my PS and an interview with one of the course leaders. I think this goes to show that your A levels don't make or break you at Goldsmith's. It seems to be a flexible university, taking lots of factors into account.
Reply 3
Hello,

I'm also worried about this. I need ABB to be accepted but I reckon I'll manage to get A*BC or A*BC at best. (the C, being in the subject I want to study at undergrad level!!)

For those who were accepted with 'inadequate grades', did they accept you on the results day with the emails they send to other accepted candidates? Or, did you have to call up and persuade them, or wait it out? Goldsmiths is the only University I feel like would be suited to me, so I am quite set on going to here.

Thanks, Tom.
i think they will accept u with ACC
its not a popular course
Reply 5
Original post by TTerryT
Hello,

I'm also worried about this. I need ABB to be accepted but I reckon I'll manage to get A*BC or A*BC at best. (the C, being in the subject I want to study at undergrad level!!)

For those who were accepted with 'inadequate grades', did they accept you on the results day with the emails they send to other accepted candidates? Or, did you have to call up and persuade them, or wait it out? Goldsmiths is the only University I feel like would be suited to me, so I am quite set on going to here.

Thanks, Tom.

How did it go? I got accepted with CCD... Eek... English was rough, ABBE in the individual modals so the E really dragged it down. Remark is scheduled. I'm sure you got in.
Original post by TTerryT
Hello,

Thanks, Tom.

You'l get in, I was offered BBB but ended up getting A*CC. Technically, it all equalled to the same ucas points (300) then if I add my extra AS on top of that 330 :biggrin: Goldsmith have a really kind admissions team, send them an email if you're worried :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Got accepted into Psychology (A,B,Merit) with B,C,Distinction

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending