The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

How can someone at Warwick look down on me?

So I did law at Bristol got a 2.1 and have A*AA at alevel. I just had a consulting AC and some Warwick person was acting really arrogant to me I don’t know their specifics but they did politics. One I don’t think being arrogant is ever justified. But two Warwick is not that amazing and I’m tired of everyone raving on about it like it’s Oxford.
Reply 1
Aren't you too old now to be caring about such silly stuff?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by gjd800
Aren't you too old now to be caring about such silly stuff?

True but don’t like being made to feel inadequate especially when’s its unwarranted
Reply 3
Original post by kindus
True but don’t like being made to feel inadequate especially when’s its unwarranted

Yes, and I do understand that. But have some faith in yourself and do not let these pillocks make you feel small. You are better than that.
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
Yes, and I do understand that. But have some faith in yourself and do not let these pillocks make you feel small. You are better than that.

indeed but few it’s a theme. Just struggle to think how people think Warwick is that great, it worse for my subject and my grades are easily enough for Warwick , just infuriating. I would be fine if it came from some LSE or Oxbridge person. But Warwick is not any better than Bristol for most things imo.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
indeed but few it’s a theme. Just struggle to think how people think Warwick is that great, it worse for my subject and my grades are easily enough for Warwick , just infuriating. I would be fine if it came from some LSE or Oxbridge person. But Warwick is not any better than Bristol for most things imo.

It's not fine when it comes from anywhere - these people are not worth more than you because they went to a different institution!

You're right that it's nonsense, honestly don't let it get to you. These people are to be pitied.
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800
It's not fine when it comes from anywhere - these people are not worth more than you because they went to a different institution!

You're right that it's nonsense, honestly don't let it get to you. These people are to be pitied.

Agreed, I just find the warwick thing particularly weird as its not the first time. I visited a friend at Warwick and the people I met were very arrogant, I know this is just my own experience but its a trend I have noticed with Warwick which also seems prevalent on the TSR. My friends who did go to Oxbridge arent half as arrogant. I find the thing also weird when at times I will have better alevels than them and its just doesn't make any sense that Warwick is viewed as that good, I rejected Warwick in fact when applying.
Warwick literally doesn't even require the LNAT for Law. Bristol is better
What a daft post. If you rejected Warwick u would not feel some inferiority complex to it
Agreed, I just find the warwick thing particularly weird as its not the first time. I visited a friend at Warwick and the people I met were very arrogant, I know this is just my own experience but its a trend I have noticed with Warwick which also seems prevalent on the TSR. My friends who did go to Oxbridge arent half as arrogant. I find the thing also weird when at times I will have better alevels than them and its just doesn't make any sense that Warwick is viewed as that good, I rejected Warwick in fact when applying.

not even wrong. they think they're just behind UCL and LSE if not on par with them.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #3
What a daft post. If you rejected Warwick u would not feel some inferiority complex to it

I think its more the fact I feel its unjustified and that is what gets to me. If it was from somewhere actually good I would be less bothered like Oxbridge. Makes me second-guess myself too. If someone said a place you didn't think is that great was better than where you went you would be annoyed.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #2
not even wrong. they think they're just behind UCL and LSE if not on par with them.

Maybe for economics,but for most things warwick is not that great. Like Law, humanities or engineering or sciences other places like bristol, Bath durham, Edinburgh,KCL, Exeter are better.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous #3

It is not inferiority its more offense at the fact that its insulting but also incorrect. Bristol is better for Law, I think its due to econ at Warwick being vv good and the whole warwick IB thing. But that doesn't translate into other fields, I dont think doing politics at Warwick is better than law at bristol and to be rude and suggest otherwise is insulting.
Reply 13
Maybe for economics,but for most things warwick is not that great. Like Law, humanities or engineering or sciences other places like bristol, Bath durham, Edinburgh,KCL, Exeter are better.

for most thing non STEM and even STEM, other universities trump Warwick. Warwick is pretty good for most things but especially so in finance-related degrees like economics and mathematics. it's begun to decline in areas it was formerly very good in, such as computer science. for most degrees it is trumped by a lot of unis as you said. I think it's mainly the finance bros that perpetuate the idea that Warwick is as good as they think it is. I would totally ignore the person who said that Warwick is better lol. Law at most top unis is much more competitive than Politics at Warwick.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by MAKER12
for most thing non STEM and even STEM, other universities trump Warwick. Warwick is pretty good for most things but especially so in finance-related degrees like economics and mathematics. it's begun to decline in areas it was formerly very good in, such as computer science. for most degrees it is trumped by a lot of unis as you said. I think it's mainly the finance bros that perpetuate the idea that Warwick is as good as they think it is. I would totally ignore the person who said that Warwick is better lol. Law at most top unis is much more competitive than Politics at Warwick.

I agree, I am tired of the IB crowd hyping it up.

Quick Reply

Latest