The Student Room Group

Chemistry C1 AQA (19th May)

So I have revised a bit but I'm really worried considering the biology paper! There were very odd questions that I hadn't revised and so I was wondering about how to prepare if those types of questions came up again.
Reply 1
Original post by alexdt300
So I have revised a bit but I'm really worried considering the biology paper! There were very odd questions that I hadn't revised and so I was wondering about how to prepare if those types of questions came up again.

I think the point of those dodgy questions was to test people logic over memory. For example, the independent company question caught most people out because they hadn't seen it in the spec they revised word for word, even though the answer is in the name. So the only way to be prepared for questions not in the spec is to be calm in the exam, sounds dumb, but trust me, I was proper confused at the start of yesterdays exam, but I did all the questions that I could do first and then went back to the stupid questions.
Reply 2
Original post by Rope_Clay
I think the point of those dodgy questions was to test people logic over memory. For example, the independent company question caught most people out because they hadn't seen it in the spec they revised word for word, even though the answer is in the name. So the only way to be prepared for questions not in the spec is to be calm in the exam, sounds dumb, but trust me, I was proper confused at the start of yesterdays exam, but I did all the questions that I could do first and then went back to the stupid questions.

Okay thank you, that's actually great advice! Questions like the independent company, how do you know the answer to it? I wrote that it is a company that has no interest in the results of the test and isn't related to the business. But I don't know if it is right so how will I know in the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending