The Student Room Group

Share your methods of staying motivated!

We're fully in exam season now, so the worry might be setting in for quite a lot of you! Sometimes, stress and anxiety make it harder for us to concentrate and revise (annoyingly), so share your top tips for staying motivated and making yourself revise here!

My top tip would be to make a 4 to 5 point check list at the start of every day of things I want to achieve that day, and hang it up somewhere visible so I'm always aware of my goals!

Happy revising, and stay motivated guys :woo:
Nice idea! I just always think of the summer and all the good stuff i want to do (and going away for a week) which helps you want to revise so that youve earnt it
Similiar idea about going to uni, if you want to go you'll put the effort needed to get the grades!
Or you could just have a revision timetable and get through a bit of work each day!
I treat revision like a 9-5 job with regular breaks. Don't do too much every day or your brain will fizzle out, and if I ever get fed up with it I find a change of scenery helps whether this be a different room or going to the library for the day - helps break it up a bit.
I also create checklists - there's just something so satisfying when you cross each item off the list :biggrin:
I created a digital mood board as well and set it as my laptop's wallpaper so that every time I go on it, I see the goals I want to be working towards and this motivates me to shut the laptop again and get on with some work so that I can maybe achieve the goals I have set myself :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 5
Listening to "Eye Of The Tiger" and "We Are The Champions" on repeat for at least one hour a day.

Seriously though when I feel like I lack motivation, I try to look forward to my future goals, like getting into university, my dream career, etc. and think about the importance of my exams and how big role they are playing in achieving those goals. This one thing puts me in the mood to revise almost immediately. :h:
This is a bit um... grim but I motivate myself for exams by thinking what will happen when I get my results if I don't bother now.
Original post by surina16
I also create checklists - there's just something so satisfying when you cross each item off the list :biggrin:
I created a digital mood board as well and set it as my laptop's wallpaper so that every time I go on it, I see the goals I want to be working towards and this motivates me to shut the laptop again and get on with some work so that I can maybe achieve the goals I have set myself :smile:

Spoiler

How was the exam for you? What points did you write for section a and b?
Great ideas so far guys!
Have something related to your goals on a wall in your bedroom. It could be a letter from your dream uni or something. Whenever you see it, it will prompt you to work for that goal. I also have a diary, and every night i make a checklist which i need to have ticked off the next day
Similar to what Zara said, I would suggest putting up pictures of your dream uni. I once went to Oxford and took their napkin home which has their crest so I put it up above my study desk. It's kinda small but still motivates me.
Looking at how far you've come can also be a reminder that you can achieve your goals. However, don't think you can slack off since you've improved somewhat. Looking at role-model students who are doing what you would like to achieve in the future can help inspire you, but don't compare yourself to them so much that you start to doubt yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending