The Student Room Group

Birkbeck vs Queen Mary (finance)

Hi

I need the advice where to go. Amongst the universities I applied to and I've recieved offers from, two finnest of them happened to be Queen Mary and Birkbeck Univeristy of London.

And now: I am highly biased toward QM, as it has very good reputation and rankings portrait it significantly better than Birkbeck.
After my Bsc I'd like to go for masters, hopefully to some better universities, as despite of good a-levels, after a gap year I shifted my study destination so subjects passed won't allow me to go for anything like LSE

Main thing why I concider Birkbeck is better modules and program. It has exactly what I'd like to study. Plus brilliant location (I'd have just 20 minutes to commute there), friends that are in UCL etc. I am aware that it is an evening uni, however I had 2 years of gap after a-levels, so I won't need "student experience/life" or anything like that, just good level of academia. I have doubts only about 1.level of birkbeck in terms of education 2.rankings and all these reputation things that can increase my embloyability and access to good university to study masters.

Thanks for any help
Marcin
Reply 1
Hi,

From what I have seen and heard Birkbeck increases your employability as employers really appreciate someone who worked while studying. Especially if you get a job in the field you are studying in. You can kill two birds with one stone at birkbeck, getting your degree and experience.
Also, go with whatever Uni has the kind of course you'll want to study. Uni is expensive you don't want to regret the decision you make so I'd say go to their opening days and figure out which one can meet your expectations the most. Don't compromise on the content of the degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending