The Student Room Group

Computer science vs finance and economic

I feel like I would equally enjoy both computer science and finance degree. However I did really bad in my year 12 exam , getting a D in maths and a E in chemistry becuase the exam was so hard. I’ve made up my mind for doing computer science , but I’m thinking of doing economics and finance becuase it’s easier for me to get into higher ranking university so would it make it more valuable than e.g computer science at surrey or queen Mary ? Or should I do econ and finance . Becuase I’ve never coded before I just feel like I would enjoy computer science . But then which degree would be more value for money ?
Hi @mgmg8,

If you're genuinely interested in computer science, I'd say go with that. Firstly, it's better to do a course that you're interested in, rather than one you think is more practical. Secondly, I think rankings shouldn't come into your decision-making for this, especially when you're considering computer science, which is all the rage right now, and jobs are sure to fly your way once you graduate from any university (especially at QMUL or Surrey :wink:).

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending