The Student Room Group

B3 Biology Edexcel Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by J__
Did anyone else put oxygen for the second question, I only put that because oxygen is used in fermenters most of the time?

Yeah, i put carbon dioxide and then crossed it out and put oxygen. Apparently the answer was carbon dioxide because it mentioned at the start of the question that the microalgae are photosynthetic
What did people put for the urea question? (about why concentration of urea increases)
Reply 62
Original post by rochellerox
What did people put for the urea question? (about why concentration of urea increases)

It increases because the collecting duct is where all of the nephrons join, so all the urea from all the nephrons join together. Where as the one point was only one nephron.
Original post by Heythere4567
I hope so too as I get paranoid that I made silly mistakes that may cost me the higher grades if the grade boundaries are high. They usually stay around 47-51 for an A*

The 2015 paper grade boundaries were 53 for an A* and I thought that was the hardest paper out of the three
Reply 64
Original post by rochellerox

I put because the collecting duct connects many nephrons together so urea from many nephrons will be in the collecting duct. This increases the concentration of urea
Original post by tylmry
^Apparently I'm the only one who put Nitrogen on that question .-.

I put Nitrogen too
Original post by albertquar
Man... I was shook that entire paper. What did you put for the monoclonal antibodies and blood clotting question? I think I messed up on that one.

Doctors put markers on monoclonal antibodies and inject them into the patient where they will bind with the antigen on the blood clots, because the doctors are tracking the markers on the antibodies they are able to locate the position of blood clots
i got 53% for the the calculation, oxygen for the answer for algae but would 53 be right as i did get 52.94, but rounded to 1dp? And how about the 3 marker on Ice Age?
I talked about how they had to move across the frozen seas to other countries like Africa and Asia and adapt to the environment and make tools to hunt for food and prey.
Original post by XherdanXhaka
i got 53% for the the calculation, oxygen for the answer for algae but would 53 be right as i did get 52.94, but rounded to 1dp? And how about the 3 marker on Ice Age?

I put 53 also
Reply 70
I must have misread the question, but why was the answer to the punett square question 0% and not 50%?
the mum was XH XH
the dad was Xh Y
the possibilities would be {XH Xh} {XH Xh} {XH Y} {XH Y} it would have to be 2 h's in the female to be hemophilia. because if it is a male you will need the Y from the dad then you cant get the dads h so you cant have it making it 0%.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 72
What stage of the menstrual cycle did the graph show at day 10?
Original post by JerryG
What stage of the menstrual cycle did the graph show at day 10?

I said menstruation
Original post by SophFlorence
I said menstruation
I said the thickening of the lining
Did we have to put the words selective re absorption or could we just say and the convoluted tubules to the blood glucose is selectively reabsorbed at the against the concentration
Original post by Farrahjaber
I said the thickening of the lining

I can't remember that being an option? :biggrin:
where did you say the mitochondria came from?
Original post by SophFlorence
I can't remember that being an option? :biggrin:
It was option C but i don't know if i got it right :smile:
Original post by chrlhyms
where did you say the mitochondria came from?
the egg cell :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending