The Student Room Group

Aftermath of a blood test (pic attached)

Had a blood test and now my arm turned into this. Hurts a lot and can't stretch it. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466886405.113045.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the blood test for?

That looks pretty nasty.
Oh wow, that looks bad, damn, Im not sure what it could be, but I would suggest get it checked out. :smile: It's probably a serious side affect or summat idk. :s-smilie: Ik I ain't helpin but jus go doc. :h:
Reply 3
Original post by ChelseaFCCC
Had a blood test and now my arm turned into this. Hurts a lot and can't stretch it. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466886405.113045.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go see a doc. Bruises after blood tests are normal, but only little ones. That is unusual.
I'd possibly call 111 or your surgery first to see when and who is best to see.
Please don't go to the doctors for a bruise.
Original post by Etomidate

Agreed, but if he feels a lot of pain he should no? It could be an infection or something.
Original post by mercuryman
Agreed, but if he feels a lot of pain he should no? It could be an infection or something.

Bruises hurt.
Lol OBVIOUSLY get it checked
Reply 8
That's a pretty unusual place to take blood from, not surprised it's a bit bruised!
Reply 9

See your GP #thuglife

Don't look at a single low res photo on the internet and give out definitive advice that a person should not seek medical help. I don't care how medically qualified you are it's unhelpful and frankly dangerous.

Just because bruising after a blood test is normal does not mean to say this is what you are looking at here, you simply don't have enough information from the OP to make a diagnosis. I'd say that although, the chances are, it's simply a bruise, the size and shape are quite unusual as a reaction to a mere blood test in a young person. There are alternative causes for a red mark on the skin some of which could do with medical attention.

---

OP I wouldn't be too worried if I were you but if it's particularly painful, hot to the touch or if it persists for any length of time don't be scared to take it back to the doctor for a face to face examination.

In general when you have a concern about something minor it's better to waste a little of a GP's time now, rather than letting things progress and having to waste a lot of NHS time and money treating something you let get out of control.
(edited 7 years ago)
I had a blood test once that caused a massive bruise covering a large area of my arm, it was simply caused by someone who was not that great at performing blood tests and therefore did more damage to the vessel than normal. It can also just mean you have more fragile vessels.

Quick Reply

Latest