The Student Room Group

OCR Physics A G485 FPFoP Unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Is there any chance you can upload the questions?
Reply 21
@teachercol for 11i) you seem to be using the diameter of andromeda as opposed to the radius in your tan?
Reply 22
For 2a) I said the field shouldn't be uniform due to the varying distance, is that right
Is 80 out of 100 a / a**??

So many stupid mistakes -.-*
(edited 7 years ago)
I got 0.211 kg for the mass would I get like 2 marks for method and the graph I draw a cos graph for an end would I get 1 mark?*
I also got 0.62 for the angle. *
only 4 marks out of 100 for medical 😳
He doesn't upload paper because I think it's not allowed.
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov
Reply 27
Thank you so much. This really helps, appreciate your support and time to post this.
The papers are beautiful this year in comparison to 2015 especially G485.
Based off what everyone's saying, 77 seems like low/mid-A in terms of boundaries :o:o
Correct me if I'm wrong:p:p
this is harder than last year's paper......
Hi TeacherCol, thanks for the mark scheme!For the last question on finding the number of stars in the galaxy, I am highly confident that I got that exact same right answer of 3.0E10, but I used Keplers Third Law equation to work this answer out, would that be acceptable? Does this work either way (Keplers third law or Grav/Centripetal force formulas)?
So I guess I got anywhere between 76-84 out of 100. Hopefully a good A grade:redface:
Reply 32
Original post by Ramil Ahmadov

No - its not allowed
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Hi TeacherCol, thanks for the mark scheme!For the last question on finding the number of stars in the galaxy, I am highly confident that I got that exact same right answer of 3.0E10, but I used Keplers Third Law equation to work this answer out, would that be acceptable? Does this work either way (Keplers third law or Grav/Centripetal force formulas)?

That's what I did and I got the same so it should be fine (:
Reply 34
Original post by Aph
@teachercol for 11i) you seem to be using the diameter of andromeda as opposed to the radius in your tan?

I think you should use the diameter to find the angle subtended.
Original post by Leechayy
That's what I did and I got the same so it should be fine (:

Excellent! I was so worried because I asked one of my (clever) classmates and he laughed and completely rediculed my method of using Keplers 3rd Law. So I was convinced I lost all 4 marks, aka 8ums, perhaps even my A in Physics and my firm choice uni hahah.
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Excellent! I was so worried because I asked one of my (clever) classmates and he laughed and completely rediculed my method of using Keplers 3rd Law. So I was convinced I lost all 4 marks, aka 8ums, perhaps even my A in Physics and my firm choice uni hahah.

"Clever"
:colonhash::colonhash:
Why was you ridiculed for using that method?:mmm::mmm:
Fc = Fgrav is essentially the first step of deriving Kepler's 3rd Law so that's just funny he said that:tongue:
Original post by Leechayy
"Clever"
:colonhash::colonhash:
Why was you ridiculed for using that method?:mmm::mmm:
Fc = Fgrav is essentially the first step of deriving Kepler's 3rd Law so that's just funny he said that:tongue:

I know right! Basically after the exam I asked him, "did you use Kepler's 3rd Law in the last question?" and he was laughing and saying "what, where's Keplers 3rd Law, there's no Kepler's 3rd Law". Then I was convinced he was right and I threw away those marks because he is (clever) since he holds an A*A*A offer for Engineering at Oxford. So I walked home pretty miserable. :tongue:
Turns out you can use it for galaxies! And here's a site I found which explains it nicely!

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/webelongdead/Laboratory_in_the_Use_of_Kepler_s_Third_Law.htm
Original post by Coveted Ul
Is 80 out of 100 a / a**??

So many stupid mistakes -.-*

Yeah that should be an a*
For q2c i) I was able to find the weight and find an expression for charge but got the wrong answer wil I lose any marks since this is was a ' show that 'question.

Quick Reply

Latest