The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do anymore...

I'm so sick and tired at the moment. I am overwhelmed with stress,but, at the same time sick of this endless loop of mundane job searching. Young people face so much pressure to conform to societal expectation.

To pursue a good education, secure a decent job, buy a nice house and have nice a career. Of course, anyone (including me) wants this. But the world is moving at such a rapid pace I'm overwhelmed, depressed and sick whenever I log into Facebook I see how great people's lives are (yes I know its an illusion).

We have great expectations to live up to, theres no wonder young people are killing themselves because they cant find work they want.

I too, am no stranger to mental health illness. I am a graduate looking for work and I am sick of the same old routine on my days off. Get up, check my emails- see there is no job emails, apply for more jobs. Work on my latest design project (voluntary) and spend hours to get nowhere. My work feels inadequate.

Of course, i am in employment, which I hate- part of the problem. I've had nearly 5 days off already and im still depressed at my job.

I can't switch off.

I go back to doctors tomorrow to review my medication, but even that doesnt help.

I'm so tired.
What's your strongest interest and are the jobs you're applying to directly related to it? Have you considered more creative ways of getting a job? E.g. getting your foot in the door with volunteering or impressing them with something you've been privately working on or finding a contact to network around, etc. I've mostly found sending off CVs online to be a waste of time. You have to get out there, pursue your passions and impress people. Sending off emails in a mundane cycle of boredom and hating your life is not going to lead anywhere productive.

Quick Reply

Latest