The Student Room Group

What to do when your favourite teacher has left (how do you get over it).

Recently, my favourite teacher has left my school.

She was absolutely amazing and helped me in every way shape and form since the start of year 11 (last year).
Today was her last day, and most of the day was spent with me crying and feeling very upset. Most of the other teachers know that she is my favourite teacher and have been asking me if i'm ok. I dreading going back to school on Monday because I know that school will not be the same without her around.

How do pluck up the courage to get over it, even though we had a very strong friendship. I don't want to forget her, I just don't want to feel upset all the time as I know it will interfere with studying for my A-levels as I cannot concentrate when i'm upset.

Thanks
Louka
Original post by LoukaGreen

She was absolutely amazing and helped me in every way shape and form since the start of year 11 (last year).
Today was her last day, and most of the day was spent with me crying and feeling very upset. Most of the other teachers know that she is my favourite teacher and have been asking me if i'm ok. I dreading going back to school on Monday because I know that school will not be the same without her around.

How do pluck up the courage to get over it, even though we had a very strong friendship. I don't want to forget her, I just don't want to feel upset all the time as I know it will interfere with studying for my A-levels as I cannot concentrate when i'm upset.

Thanks
Louka

I think it would be helpful if you reminded yourself that she wouldn't want you to spend your time missing her. She'd want you to move on with your life and live it to the full. What qualities did you appreciate most in her? You could try living those out-that way still remembering her in a way that wasn't destructive
I think you should always think about the advice that she's given you and act upon it. She sounds like a teacher who believes in you and genuinely wants you to do well. From her support that she's given you and the advice, use that as motivation and work as hard as you can to achieve the best grades as possible. And when you do get your grades, wouldn't it be amazing to see the smile on her face when you show her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
my teacher isn't leaving she is just not teaching me this year i was literally crying then enchanted- Taylor swift came on my playlist.
Reply 4
It's okay. My band director might leave. It's high probability. I'm sorry about that. Just remember that it was your teacher's decision and completely one you can't control. It's also what your teacher thought was best for themselves, I hope you feel better.
Reply 5
Original post by LoukaGreen
Thanks
Louka

I get it. My band director might leave and I tried so hard not to cry during her class today. She was super stressed and I sorta wanted to just go give her a hug. It's okay though. Just remember that it's just their decision and that it'll probably make them happier in life.

Quick Reply

Latest