The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

i dislike middle class people

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ValerieKR
I don't think the a typical middle class person does any of those things.

A middle class person could equally say
'I don't like working class people
Reason why:
1)they smoke a lot
2)they don't make an effort in school
3)they are poorly educated
4)they live on benefits
5)they're racist and xenophobic'

Just because a tiny wincy minority of people in a class do things it shouldn't reflect badly on everyone in that class. You shouldn't overgeneralise, especially when it comes to hate.

Not all working class people are uneducated this proves my point about the middle class trying to relate to us whilst taking a swipe at us in the working class.
I see what you mean a little in the benefits regard but for the ones who are employed im not going to begrudge them working tax credits
Original post by That Bearded Man
Let's pretend that all those statements apply to all middle class kids.

1) smoking weed isn't amoral, in fact its ironic that you criticise them for looking down on you when you look down on them for smoking weed. Their choice

The old middle class weed use is not immoral.

Firstly it is illegal and leads to violent drug dealing thugs making money.
Secondly I work in mental health and the Early Intervention team have to deal with people all the time that smoke weed and development psychosis and later on schizoaffective disorder costing the NHS millions. When mental heath services should be working with people who get psychosis through no fault of their own and not selfishly using weeds.
Thirdly if any of my family used weed in my house they would out on the street

2) 2 plausible explanations for this, nature and nurture, while not necessarily tying to income, smarter parents have smarter kids. Also key developmental issues will be addressed sooner and more assistance at school would mean mc kids are "smarter". its not fair, but I'd want my kids to be smarter too.

3) Can't really blame them for that either, a lot of middle class young people want to change the system and make it more fair, if working class people vote for an MP who supports keeping top schools top and **** schools **** its not mc kids fault - you shouldn't have voted for him

4) No, they don't, they look down on people they perceive have drank, smoked and gambled their money away. They'd be supportive of people their for legit reasons (mental health, job loss etc) but yes, they may complain about paying money for those houses.

5) The EDL is racist and exclusively working class. Since we're applying broad strokes its fair to say that yes, EDL is racist.

I not care about the EDL however there are a large number of Sikhs, Hindus and ex Muslims in EDL and white and black people from all social classes and backgrounds. Watch the BBC news and you will see the Sikh members of the group. By the why Muslims come from all social classes and ethnics. In UK. white British middle class university educated ladies are most likely to convert to Islam. EDL nothing to do with race but a dislike of the behave of some Muslims what ever ethnics they are from.
Go to a ski resort during student week or the party bits of the Med in the summer(or any UK town centre on a Friday night) and you'll find that people of all social strata can match each other for uncivilised behaviour.
Original post by looloo2134
I not care about the EDL however there are a large number of Sikhs, Hindus and ex Muslims in EDL and white and black people from all social classes and backgrounds. Watch the BBC news and you will see the Sikh members of the group. By the why Muslims come from all social classes and ethnics. In UK. white British middle class university educated ladies are most likely to convert to Islam. EDL nothing to do with race but a dislike of the behave of some Muslims what ever ethnics they are from.

Very subjective to be angry at weed smokers when you don't show the same outrage at people who drink or smoke cigs, since they're legal.
Not true at all working class people put up with vile abuse all the time for example being call chavs by lazy weed smoking middle class selfish immoral people. Calling a person a chav should be a hate crime. I see middle class people calling white working class chavs all the time their nasty snubs who need learn respect for other people.
Not true at all working class people put up with vile abuse all the time for example being call chavs by lazy weed smoking middle class selfish immoral people. Calling a person a chav should be a hate crime. I see middle class people calling white working class chavs all the time their nasty snubs who need learn respect for other people.

🤣. Hate crimes shouldn't exist
This
Reason Why
1) their amoral e.g smoking weed at university
2)They believe their children are more intelligent than working class children
3)They buy houses by the best performing schools so their children will get a place
4)They look down on people who live in social housing
5)they call working class white people racist & xenophobic. When the white work class work in low skilled jobs with Eastern Europeans. Also are more likely to have mixed race children.

Looks like someone’s generalising based on a small sample of personal experience and left wing caricatures. Do you also think all black people want to stab you, all gays have aids and all Muslims are terrorists?
Reply 188

You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder :rolleyes:

Do you, by any chance, see the irony here as well?
I just dislike people.
Original post by Napp
You seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder :rolleyes:

Do you, by any chance, see the irony here as well?

Do you like name calling snubs I meet a woman on a clinical trial about year ago. Like most middle class adult children she have a degree in social science subject and live with her parents who supported her at thirty never had more than low wage part time job in a pub. She spent her time traveling she called homeless people worthless chavs and children in care worthless chavs.

I show her my friend three foster children on Facebook and she love them their very good looking will behavior children. Then I told her the children were fostered and she realized how nasty her views on foster children were.

She spent a summer working with street children in India and never dream of helping British children who for no fault of their own ended up in care.

I could give load of examples middle class people lazy selfish behavior like this young woman. I sure most middle class people are not like her but unfortunately I've mainly meet people like her at university and in the middle class area were I live.
Reply 191
Do you like name calling snubs I meet a woman on a clinical trial about year ago. Like most middle class adult children she have a degree in social science subject and live with her parents who supported her at thirty never had more than low wage part time job in a pub. She spent her time traveling she called homeless people worthless chavs and children in care worthless chavs.

I show her my friend three foster children on Facebook and she love them their very good looking will behavior children. Then I told her the children were fostered and she realized how nasty her views on foster children were.

She spent a summer working with street children in India and never dream of helping British children who for no fault of their own ended up in care.

I could give load of examples middle class people lazy selfish behavior like this young woman. I sure most middle class people are not like her but unfortunately I've mainly meet people like her at university and in the middle class area were I live.

Oh very droll.

I feel being blunt is probably the only way to address this rather cute post. You come across as little more than a narrow minded bigot who has absolutely no idea who or what 'the middle class' is. Not to mention the fallacious conflation of foster children in one of the richest countries in the world with street children from India?!
Original post by Napp
Oh very droll.

I feel being blunt is probably the only way to address this rather cute post. You come across as little more than a narrow minded bigot who has absolutely no idea who or what 'the middle class' is. Not to mention the fallacious conflation of foster children in one of the richest countries in the world with street children from India?!

Go spend time volunteering aboard with children by all means but when you come home you should volunteer with unprivileged children in Britain. It you don't volunteer with unprivileged British children your nothing more than hypocrite who care more children abroad than children in Britain
There is no such thing as privileged or not, we all play the hand we are dealt and play it to the best of our abilities and possibilities. How much of a privilege was it for Prince Charles to be born into a straight-jacketed existence like his, the man must have spent nights awake wishing he hadn't. The so-called 'privileged' often end up with unhappier lives than those born in the jungle, that's how much the privilege can do for them.

What is annoying is that people who routinely denounce materialism as evil on earth consistently reduce everything to it in their analysis of the world. It's the politics of envy and nothing else, it really is.
Original post by zhog
There is no such thing as privileged or not, we all play the hand we are dealt and play it to the best of our abilities and possibilities. How much of a privilege was it for Prince Charles to be born into a straight-jacketed existence like his, the man must have spent nights awake wishing he hadn't. The so-called 'privileged' often end up with unhappier lives than those born in the jungle, that's how much the privilege can do for them.

What is annoying is that people who routinely denounce materialism as evil on earth consistently reduce everything to it in their analysis of the world. It's the politics of envy and nothing else, it really is.

Marxism was a materialistic philosophy.
Reply 195
Go spend time volunteering aboard with children by all means but when you come home you should volunteer with unprivileged children in Britain. It you don't volunteer with unprivileged British children your nothing more than hypocrite who care more children abroad than children in Britain

Why might i ask? Granted children here born into an, as you put it, underprivileged existence don't have it especially easy but to sympathise more with a poor bugger living on the streets of Lahore or some such hardly makes someone a hypocrite. An objective realist maybe as no matter how much you might try and argue the toss an underprivileged child in Britain still lives like a god compared to other areas of the world.
Reason Why
1) their amoral e.g smoking weed at university
2)They believe their children are more intelligent than working class children
3)They buy houses by the best performing schools so their children will get a place
4)They look down on people who live in social housing
5)they call working class white people racist & xenophobic. When the white work class work in low skilled jobs with Eastern Europeans. Also are more likely to have mixed race children.

Generalise much?
Original post by Napp
Why might i ask? Granted children here born into an, as you put it, underprivileged existence don't have it especially easy but to sympathise more with a poor bugger living on the streets of Lahore or some such hardly makes someone a hypocrite. An objective realist maybe as no matter how much you might try and argue the toss an underprivileged child in Britain still lives like a god compared to other areas of the world.

Lahore is the capital city of Pakistan it not even in India before you tried to make a point look at map.The reason why there children on the street in India is because the women and girls are forced to have children they can't look after, If people on their on gap year really wanted to help not just take nice photos of themselves holding a child in rip clothing. They would be teaching women about family planning and giving out contraception.

I not wasting my time online with you a person who think Lahore in India. I doing volunteer work with British children today I helping child carers and Young Mind with help children with mental health problems.
Reply 198
Lahore is the capital city of Pakistan it not even in India before you tried to make a point look at map.The reason why there children on the street in India is because the women and girls are forced to have children they can't look after, If people on their on gap year really wanted to help not just take nice photos of themselves holding a child in rip clothing. They would be teaching women about family planning and giving out contraception.

I not wasting my time online with you a person who think Lahore in India. I doing volunteer work with British children today I helping child carers and Young Mind with help children with mental health problems.

I'm perfectly aware of where Lahore is, I was making a point. Idiot. If you want i could use Hyderabad as the example though?
What an absolute load of shite, do you know a single thing about the country you just described? Let alone having even been there?
Sigh, I never said Lahore was in India, although I feel obliged to point out that within living memory it certainly was.
You'll have to forgive me here but I think you're lying.
Original post by Napp
I'm perfectly aware of where Lahore is, I was making a point. Idiot. If you want i could use Hyderabad as the example though?
What an absolute load of shite, do you know a single thing about the country you just described? Let alone having even been there?
Sigh, I never said Lahore was in India, although I feel obliged to point out that within living memory it certainly was.
You'll have to forgive me here but I think you're lying.

Well people like you who can't make a reasonable post so you resort to childish name calling. I would be angry that you called me a idiot and a liar but think your a young adult who had good luck to live in a middle class bubble. You probably never meet a child who live in poverty or a child or young adult who grow up in care.

https://www.barnardos.org.uk/what_we_do/our_work/child_poverty/child_poverty_what_is_poverty/child_poverty_statistics_facts.htm

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/what_we_do/our_work/leaving_care.htm

http://www.barnardos.org.uk/what_we_do/our_work/young_carers.htm

I posted Barnardo's links to show what the life for millions of British children and young people are like.

Latest

Trending

Trending