The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by itsmilliehere
Haha thankyou 💜 my predicted grades were A*AB and the offer they gave me was AAB (or equivalent) 😊

Crazy - I am predicted the same. Best of luck to you x
I didn't do any GCSEs at all because I went to high school in Hong Kong and I only studied until year 10 there so I didn't take GCSEs exam. After that I moved to England to study year 12 basically skipping year 11. And I got AAAA in my AS exam.
GCSE is not a big deal tbh
Original post by Oceana Liang
I didn't do any GCSEs at all because I went to high school in Hong Kong and I only studied until year 10 there so I didn't take GCSEs exam. After that I moved to England to study year 12 basically skipping year 11. And I got AAAA in my AS exam.
GCSE is not a big deal tbh

GCSEs are often not required by International applicants - because most of them wont have taken them.

For UK applicants, if the course requires certain GCSE subjects/grades, the University means it.
Original post by returnmigrant
GCSEs are often not required by International applicants - because most of them wont have taken them.

For UK applicants, if the course requires certain GCSE subjects/grades, the University means it.

True
I've applied for maths and I sent off my UCAS on 7th October.

When I got responses:
Warwick: 14th October
Leeds: 19th October

TBD:
Cambridge (sent off my SAQ on the 19th):
Bath:
Lancaster:
Original post by laylacairns
Well done 😀

Cheers
Original post by AfcFob
Well done!! I have a QMUL offer for Biomed too. Where else did you apply??

Medicine at UEA, Southampton, Manchester and Keele
Original post by JessicaApple
Wut:s-smilie:
I haven't received anything whatsoever from Leeds...

Me neither, don't worry :smile:

Original post by Inexorably
Glares at everyone getting offers and I'm sat here all impatient like

I feel your pain!

Original post by Cecile989
I got an offer from Manchester without them sending an acknowledgement so don't worry about it, I don't think they're sending them :smile:

I think some departments are, as a friend of mine has applied for English Lit and received an acknowledgment on the bus home today.
Original post by sdpjohnson
SOAS have asked me for copies of my GCSE certificates? Is this normal? I mean I don't mind as GCSE's were my peak hahah but I just find it a bit strange..?

Did SOAS send you an acknowledgement email? I'm so confused they haven't said anything to me :frown:
Original post by sophienb98
Did SOAS send you an acknowledgement email? I'm so confused they haven't said anything to me :frown:

SAME :frown:
Original post by jonahfromtonga
Crazy - I am predicted the same. Best of luck to you x

Thankyou, good luck to you too x
That sad moment when you realise your half term will consist of you refreshing your emails and Track.
Has anyone received any Marine Biology offers from anywhere????
Has anyone got any offers yet for sport?
Especially from, SH, MMU, Durham, Birmingham and Coventry
Original post by h8skoooooool
I also just got an interview for physics at imperial on the 3rd :biggrin:

I emailed back saying I could attend, it was only a quick sentence.

Hey, when is your interbview supposed to be and could you tell me your predicted grades and which physics course??
Did you have any AS grades or did you just use predicted because of reforms

Congratulations!
I have an A*A*A and A in AS further maths but i'm not sure whcih universities to apply for and how much to risk it. I already sent my applcation to oxford so i have 4 left
Manchester, Warwick , Birmingham imperial Nottingham st.andrews surrey lough bough
are some of the ones i am considering
Original post by Lauren-x-
I've applied for maths and I sent off my UCAS on 7th October.

When I got responses:
Warwick: 14th October
Leeds: 19th October

TBD:
Cambridge (sent off my SAQ on the 19th):
Bath:
Lancaster:

What are your subjects and predicted grades?
Reply 2396
Does anyone know how long after MAT Imperial start giving out maths offers
Original post by SnowLeopard27
Congrats! What were the conditions of your Exeter offer? I got one for History there too:smile: and like you, waiting on Durham x

Oh no this makes me so nervous I've only got an acknowledgement email from exeter for history and IR
Original post by jamestg
Ahhh cool! Peterhouse is so nice and being the oldest college makes it steeped in history. And the firs year accommodation is probably the nicest in Cambridge. Search 'St Peter's Terrace, Peterhouse' in Google and you'll understand why! It's even been refurbished!

University college is also a great choice, although yes a little risky. I considered it but decided to stick with something safer because I don't want to end up at a college I don't like through reallocation and most people don't even stay at the castle!

I've applied to Warwick, Durham and Cambridge too but I couldn't do econ (which is what I would have loved to do) as I don't do a level maths so am applying for Politics/ International Relations and HSPS at camb instead. My sister is at Durham currently now and she said that the application for colleges at Durham is slightly different in that you get accepted onto the course first then allocated a college- they try to allocate you the college you choose eon your application but that's not always guaranteed. All the colleges at Durham seemed cool but I chose to apply to Collingwood.
Original post by laylacairns
Did any of you actually get any B's or C's in GCSE's?

I swear you are all brainboxes :colondollar:hahaha

I only got 6As and 4Bs at GCSE as I didn't try hard enough- turned up to most exams with little/no revision, which i regret now. Last year at AS I got 4As so don't look too much into what others got at GCSE, although my biggest worry is that Unis will look at my GCSE performance and then reject me.

Latest

Trending

Trending