The Student Room Group

Which of the two occurred first for you?

I've completed my personal statement! :biggrin: . Finished it via Google Docs on my smartphone. I checked https://maccery.com/ps to see how many lines would actually appear on the UCAS PS form. Sadly it was 52 lines so I had to edit out some of the sauce on my PS (sorry if this statement sounds arrogant, I just think my PS is really impressive lol). I've managed to cut it down to 49 lines/ 3,779 characters. So basically I want to know which of 47 lines and 4,000 characters occured first for you when you finished your PS? :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
I've completed my personal statement! :biggrin: . Finished it via Google Docs on my smartphone. I checked https://maccery.com/ps to see how many lines would actually appear on the UCAS PS form. Sadly it was 52 lines so I had to edit out some of the sauce on my PS (sorry if this statement sounds arrogant, I just think my PS is really impressive lol). I've managed to cut it down to 49 lines/ 3,779 characters. So basically I want to know which of 47 lines and 4,000 characters occured first for you when you finished your PS? :redface:

Character limit was the one that screwed me over :tongue: had to edit it after I'd put it in the first time to make it fit. Good luck with your impressive PS :wink:
Original post by SeanFM
Character limit was the one that screwed me over :tongue: had to edit it after I'd put it in the first time to make it fit. Good luck with your impressive PS :wink:
:smile: Thanks SeanFM!
I found the line limit to be more restrictive

Ended up at about 3700 characters and 47 lines, despite my first draft being over 4000 characters. The line limit seems so arbitrary - could easily be 50 lines or even unlimited and it would make everything so much easier.
Reply 4
Character limit, but I was literally only like 11 over and when I noticed I'd accidentally typed a sentence twice that brought me down.

I have like 30 characters spare atm so here's hoping my tutor & German teacher don't recommend anything else for my final edit.
Right now I'm on 46 lines and 3994 characters. Still got a little bit more to add...

OP you can just paste it into the UCAS form to see how much space it takes because your site might not be accurate. You can always go back and change it after you click 'save'. Only when you send it off can you not change it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending