The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-level Religious Studies 1 (A120UA0-1-A120UF0-1) & 2 (A120U20-1) [Exam Chat]

Eduqas A-Level Religious Studies
Component 1 (A120UA0-1 to A120UF0-1) 12th June 2023
&
Component 2 (A120U20-1) 19th June 2023
[Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.
General Information
Component 1 (Options A to F)
Date/Time: 12th Jun 2023/ AM
Length: 2h

Component 2
Date/Time: 19th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2h
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Predictions of what topics may come up in philosophy of religion, ethics, and Buddhism papers?

Comment down any predictions you think or have been told have not come up in the past years or tested very less that may come up this year! :smile:
Original post by Girlbyeee
Predictions of what topics may come up in philosophy of religion, ethics, and Buddhism papers?

Comment down any predictions you think or have been told have not come up in the past years or tested very less that may come up this year! :smile:

Hi, which exam board are you doing your Religious Studies exam with? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Pwca
Hi, which exam board are you doing your Religious Studies exam with? :smile:

Eduqas
Eduqas

Great! I've made this the official threads for those exams so hopefully you'll get more replies :smile: Good luck!
anyone else doing hinduism?
Reply 6
In the exam i know we get an answer booklet to write our essays on, but does it matter if we don’t do them in order? Sometimes i tend to answer the questions im confident with first then attempt the others. Will this be a problem?
In the exam i know we get an answer booklet to write our essays on, but does it matter if we don’t do them in order? Sometimes i tend to answer the questions im confident with first then attempt the others. Will this be a problem?

heyy! it doesn't matter at all as long as you've put the question number in the margin!
Reply 8
Original post by fallinflower17
heyy! it doesn't matter at all as long as you've put the question number in the margin!

Ahhh thank you!! <3 any predictions for philosophy and ethics?
Ahhh thank you!! <3 any predictions for philosophy and ethics?

i think philosphy will most likelt have a question on arguments for the existance of god bc it comes up every year, other than that idk
Reply 10
Original post by hirvatrivedi1
anyone else doing hinduism?

yeah lmao what do you think will come up
anyone got any predictions for Christianity?? Desperate at this point lol
Reply 12
Original post by Tilly_app03
anyone got any predictions for Christianity?? Desperate at this point lol

I’ve seen a few people saying section a might be theme 3. My teacher also predicted that section b could be challenges from science? That’s all I’m going off.
How are you feeling for it?? I genuinely know nothing😭
hiya just wondering if anyone has any predictions for the islam paper
Original post by Phiapia
I’ve seen a few people saying section a might be theme 3. My teacher also predicted that section b could be challenges from science? That’s all I’m going off.
How are you feeling for it?? I genuinely know nothing😭

omg i would love anything from theme 3 so long as it is A2 and not pluralism! We never got taught the science element ahaha was left to our own devices for that one.

I'm feeling so stressed this is probably my worst exam, it's just if both section A's are horrific and are on something like the biblical cannon or easter then I don't know what I'd do ahaha.
Original post by Tilly_app03
omg i would love anything from theme 3 so long as it is A2 and not pluralism! We never got taught the science element ahaha was left to our own devices for that one.

I'm feeling so stressed this is probably my worst exam, it's just if both section A's are horrific and are on something like the biblical cannon or easter then I don't know what I'd do ahaha.

The luck component of what comes up on this a level is ridiculous
How did people find it?

Part A: I predicted both questions pretty much because neither has come up yet

Part B: did community of believers pretty nice questions tbf
Reply 17
Original post by user123456324
How did people find it?

Part A: I predicted both questions pretty much because neither has come up yet

Part B: did community of believers pretty nice questions tbf

It went sm better than I expected as I really was not prepared AT ALL. I done question 1 and 5, wealth was all I knew and luckily baptism was the last thing I revised like 10 minutes before the exam😭 so im happy about that. Although I didn’t manage to answer part b on question 5, which is concerning me as it’s a whole 30 marks and my other answers weren’t very solid. But im hoping to bring it back with the other papers.
hby??
Original post by Phiapia
It went sm better than I expected as I really was not prepared AT ALL. I done question 1 and 5, wealth was all I knew and luckily baptism was the last thing I revised like 10 minutes before the exam😭 so im happy about that. Although I didn’t manage to answer part b on question 5, which is concerning me as it’s a whole 30 marks and my other answers weren’t very solid. But im hoping to bring it back with the other papers.
hby??

Ah bl yeah u might need to work on timing because u missed 30% of the paper although u can recover in the other two. Overall though I was pretty happy now time to revise Phil
Reply 19
I did Islam. The questions were not bad but like my ink ran out during the exam. It took my exam time away but I was lucky since I asked the invigilators for a pen since mine ran out and the fact that I had a differen colourd ink pen throughout the entirety of the exam really annoyed me and it made me stress so much so it literally affected how I wrote. I answered all the questions but I just feel like I was going off a tangent and was waffling too much. For some weird reason, I actually predicted the topics that would come up but I got unlucky with my pen so hopefully I can somehow make it up in Philo and Ethics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending