The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

The British people are unattractive stereotype.

Do you believe it?

My mum was in the shop the other day and the shopkeeper hit on her (I think) and said "Are you eastern European?", she said "no, I'm english" and he said "you're too pretty to be english."

She just got her stuff and left and didn't go back.

I never thought of this stereotype could actually be said to someone face.

What do you think of this stereotype?

Scroll to see replies

Every nationality has really ugly people.
I know many pengtings who are technically British
Reply 3
Pics please.
According to statistics, polls and surveys regarding attractive nations, Brits always score quite highly.
Original post by UWS
Pics please.

Of his mum? :eyebrow:
I think it's just because of UK being one of the most obese places. The ones who don't really take care of themselves don't help such a stereotype.

Even today I'm amazed at how many fit attractive people there are here if you just talk a walk through the busy parts of London.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Of his mum? :eyebrow:

Why not? Don't discriminate. #M_ILFlivesmatter
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
Pics please.

How can we be ugly when we have this beautiful man?
Original post by Orbital Rising
Why not? Don't discriminate. #M_ILFlivesmatter

All races have beautiful people :h:
Reply 12
Original post by Longshot002

In my experience, British people are typically more ugly than other nations. Applies to both women and men.
Original post by Longshot002
Do you believe it?

My mum was in the shop the other day and the shopkeeper hit on her (I think) and said "Are you eastern European?", she said "no, I'm english" and he said "you're too pretty to be english."

She just got her stuff and left and didn't go back.

I never thought of this stereotype could actually be said to someone face.

What do you think of this stereotype?

Just because a shopkeeper implied that British people are ugly doesn't make it a sterotype - it's an isolated incident more than anything. A sterotype is generally widely held and fixed. I've never heard of this notion until now.

k.
Original post by WoodyMKC
According to statistics, polls and surveys regarding attractive nations, Brits always score quite highly.

It's our English roses like Sade and Rachel Weisz :cool:
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Just because a shopkeeper implied that British people are ugly doesn't make it a sterotype - it's an isolated incident more than anything. A sterotype is generally widely held and fixed. I've never heard of this notion until now.

It is a stereotype, I've seen it a lot of times on the internet.
British guys are incredibly attractive. Relatively tall, decent bone structure, normally blue eyes of some sort. British women however...
British people are truly the most repulsive of all races. Do they even brush their teeth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest