The Student Room Group

Viable IED found on London Underground

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/police-uncover-london-underground-bomb-plot-teenager-arrested-an/

"A terror plot to target the London Underground has been foiled after police found what they suspect to be a viable bomb on a tube train, planted by a terrorist planning further attacks.
A 19-year-old man was tasered and arrested by armed counter-terrorism officers on Friday, a day after the suspect device was found on board a train near the O2 centre. On Friday it emerged security officials had contacted the Ministry of Defence after the find, to warn serving military personnel, and the threat level for transport in London had been raised to severe to reflect an attack was highly likely."

It's good to hear that the device found yesterday was discovered before it could cause any harm & that the perpetrator has been arrested. Well done to the UK police force.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tempest II
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/police-uncover-london-underground-bomb-plot-teenager-arrested-an/

"A terror plot to target the London Underground has been foiled after police found what they suspect to be a viable bomb on a tube train, planted by a terrorist planning further attacks.
A 19-year-old man was tasered and arrested by armed counter-terrorism officers on Friday, a day after the suspect device was found on board a train near the O2 centre. On Friday it emerged security officials had contacted the Ministry of Defence after the find, to warn serving military personnel, and the threat level for transport in London had been raised to severe to reflect an attack was highly likely."

It's good to hear that the device found yesterday was discovered before it could cause any harm & that the perpetrator has been arrested today. Well done to the UK police force.

I'm surpised London and the UK hasn't been hit more times. Either very lucky, they have less power than we think or the security services are doing a v good job.
Original post by 999tigger
I'm surpised London and the UK hasn't been hit more times. Either very lucky, they have less power than we think or the security services are doing a v good job.

It is a combination of all three I think.

But there will be another "successful" atrocity, that is for sure.

As the IRA so delightfully put it, the police have to be lucky all the time. The terrorists only need to be lucky once.
Original post by astutehirstute
It is a combination of all three I think.

But there will be another "successful" atrocity, that is for sure.

As the IRA so delightfully put it, the police have to be lucky all the time. The terrorists only need to be lucky once.

Yes I think everyone agrees its not if but when.
UK wouldnt be put off by one or several bomb attacks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending