The Student Room Group

london trains are confusing me

I want to go to St James Park underground station from Slough so i looked up train tickets online and they keep telling me to buy a travelcard ticket on top of the ticket that'll take me to Paddington. It's amounting to £40+. Does it really cost that much? Could someone who knows how trains work explain please?
Original post by nebula2324
I want to go to St James Park underground station from Slough so i looked up train tickets online and they keep telling me to buy a travelcard ticket on top of the ticket that'll take me to Paddington. It's amounting to £40+. Does it really cost that much? Could someone who knows how trains work explain please?

no, it's just an Oyster card or even a contactless bank card from Paddington underground station to St James' Park
Original post by nebula2324

elizabeth line to paddington and then circle line to st james park :smile:

if you don't have an oyster london travelcard, well you should definitely get one!! but also you would need to purchase a national rail train ticket that you can use to travel round :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest