The Student Room Group

F325 - Using past papers from other exam-boards a good idea?

I am resitting the F325 OCR Chemistry paper. I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to look at papers from other exam-boards before using the old OCR ones?

I don't want to run out of questions to do! If so, which exam-board would you recommend papers from? Is there any sites you could recommend to find questions similar to the ones on the OCR papers?

Thank you for any help!
Original post by Sammy9898
I am resitting the F325 OCR Chemistry paper. I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to look at papers from other exam-boards before using the old OCR ones?

I don't want to run out of questions to do! If so, which exam-board would you recommend papers from? Is there any sites you could recommend to find questions similar to the ones on the OCR papers?

Thank you for any help!

The chemistry has to be the same over all boards. Can't do any harm provided you are aware of the specific requirements of your board when doing exams.
Reply 2
Other papers are more or less fine (AQA is probably about the closest in spec content), but just don't get hung up on some of the things you'll see on mark schemes - they have very specific phrases that you must use. Then again, OCR do too, but their phrases are the ones you will want to learn.

There are ten F325 papers, isn't that enough?

Quick Reply

Latest