The Student Room Group

Arsey's solutions

Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

Good luck with your exams.

It has been a blast.

:wavey:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Arsey
Edexcel have made it very clear that they do not wish for their papers, or solutions to their papers to be made available online.

The reason they give is that they would like schools to have the opportunity to use these papers for mocks etc. There is also a copyright issue.

My personal belief is that in the modern age that trying to prevent papers and solutions appearing online is futile. Now that they are no longer producing January papers, I would have thought that they could produce separate mock papers for schools to use. Nevertheless, I have to respect their wishes, so I will no longer upload solutions to this or any other website.

I would like to add that I have spent a lot of time and energy uploading solutions and responding to questions over the years, this was never done with self-aggrandisement in mind; I was just trying to help. I also found some of the discussions regarding the papers interesting and useful.

Furthermore, I was previously told by some people who run or ran this website that they had contacted Edexcel, who had no problem with past papers and solutions being uploaded to this website. Clearly that is not or no longer the case. So I would ask that others do not post papers or solutions to papers.

Finally, I would like to wish Edexcel good luck in preventing papers and solutions appearing, I just hope they have a very long whack-a-mole stick.

It has been a blast.

Real shame
Good luck mate
Original post by TeeEm
Real shame
Good luck mate

Quick log of accounts there
What a joker
:moon: it was nice while it lasted.

(edited 7 years ago)
Damn mate. :frown:
rip
Reply 7
Original post by Arsey

It has been a blast.

This can't be😱
Reply 8
Ngl I feel like crying
:frown::frown:
Why.yyyyyyyyyyy
Reply 11
Thank you so much for everything, you're truly a credit to this website
is this some joke???
give me the mark scheme in private :K::biggrin::smile:
Make a different account and upload the methods on blank paper
Reply 15
we need a new arsey :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write the answers in invisible ink
Original post by shahs341
Why.yyyyyyyyyyy

Y=Cos(edexcelare******s)
thoughts on what the grade boundaries might be? I missed the last 3 parts of last question, so thats at least 10 marks lost. Think i got the rest of paper all correct though? Would 60-65/75 be an A?
Thank you very much for your time and effort Arsey. We appreciate it and it's unfortunate that it has to end this way.:frown:

Quick Reply