The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Applicant Frequently Asked Questions

Hi Everyone,

We thought it would be useful for us to put together a list of the FAQs we receive during the application process.

Check out the list below and if there's any more you would like us to add just let us know! :u:

Thanks,
Brad & Heather

What are the entry requirements for [specific course]?

Please check the relevant course page at our website where you will find full details of the course including our entry requirements. If you have further course specific queries or need more information about entry requirements for a particular course please contact [email protected] and we can forward your query to the relevant admissions tutor, or provide you with their contact details if you wish to contact them directly.

I submitted my UCAS application after the 15 January, will it still be considered?

Although we are not obliged to consider applications submitted after the UCAS deadline of 15 January, we will continue to consider any late applications received while we still have vacancies on the course applied for.

I’ve accepted your offer as my firm choice, what happens now?

Once you have met any conditions of your offer we will confirm your place. We will then send you joining instructions, University system login details, and any other relevant information by email approximately a month before the start of your course.

I’ve accepted your offer as my insurance choice, what happens now?

If your firm choice institution rejects you, your place with us would be confirmed provided you have met any conditions of your offer. We would then send you joining instructions, University system login details, and any other relevant information by email approximately a month before the start of your course.

I want to live on campus, when and how do I apply for accommodation?

Applications for accommodation normally open in early spring. If you are holding an offer to study with us we will email you to invite you to apply for accommodation. Please apply before A-level results day. The application process is online and can be accessed via our main website where you will also find extensive information about the accommodation options available.

I have applied for accommodation, when will I get offered a room?

For students already holding a confirmed place to study, we will start allocating and offering rooms in early summer. For those waiting for results to meet the conditions of their offer, we will only offer accommodation when your results are in and your place to study has been confirmed. All offers will be made via email.

I am planning to live on campus, can I bring my car with me to University?

If your accommodation is on our de Havilland campus, you will not be able to bring your car with you. This is a condition of your accommodation contract as there is no parking available for students resident on de Havilland. For students resident on our College Lane campus a limited number of parking permits are available to purchase. These permits are sold on a first come first served basis and information is provided in the accommodation application process as to how and when these can be purchased. If you are not lucky enough to secure a permit you cannot bring your car with you to University.

Just to let you know, we're holding a mini open day on Wednesday 14 December.

There will be subject stands, campus tours and talks on applications, fees and finance and life at Herts.

You can book your place here.

:yeah::yeah::tree::santa2:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
We're answering all your questions tonight from 4 - 6pm on Twitter and Facebook. If you've got a question use the hashtag #UHask and we'll be on-hand to answer!

Also, at the same time, current placement student Micheal is taking over our Snapchat to give you an insider look around campus! Add us on Snapchat (uniofherts) so you don't miss out. :u:
Hi All,

We've got another mini open day coming up on Wednesday 8 February:excited:

As before, there will be subject stands, campus/accommodation tours and talks on applications, fees and finance and life at Herts.

If you'd like to come along, you can book your place here.

You can also see more of our events here.

Thanks,
Heather
Hi!

I just accepted my place for Film and TV Production at Herts Uni! The course looks so good so now I just have to apply for accommodation. I was wondering if you could give me some insight to the accommodation. I personally don't mind what the rooms look like, they're all typical uni rooms really wherever you go. The main thing for me is having a good time in halls. I know hatfield isn't the liveliest of places, so I'm keen on picking a place where the halls are friendly and there are more parties. I personally don't mind not getting much sleep, it's the student experience that I think is important when it comes to halls- after all it's where you meet your friends!
Any advice? Any students living in halls I can get in touch with?

Many thanks, Olivia
Hey Olivia,

Firstly, here's a quick link to the University's page on accommodation. It should hopefully have some useful info for you:

http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-life/student-accommodation

I suppose generally, you want to be close to where you're studying, and in a nice central location where you can easily get to social clubs, night club etc.
The main "party" venue is the Forum, located on College Lane. But, De Havilland does have a good bar venue within easy walk on campus.

Hope you find somewhere great, and enjoy your studies!

David
Reply 6
Hi,Do you know roughly what date the car parking permits go on sale for this year?Thanks,Alanna
Hey Alanna,

It might be worth emailing in for this question, as I'm not sure off the top of my head.

The email to use is: [email protected]

They should hopefully be able to let you know!

All the best,

David
Hi there

I was wondering what would a law students timetable look like? What days we come in, how long the lessons are etc.

Thank you.
Hi Abida

Our hours are based on our combination of online lectures, in class tutorials (1 hour), Workshops (2 hours), Masterclasses (live lectures) as well as regular guest lectures and a range of 9 co curricular classes. We also offer weekly drop in sessions for students to discuss any aspect of their learning with module leaders.

In short you should expect between 6-8 hours of contact time a week but when you add in your online lectures which you can watch on ipads and computers at your convenience (these are designed to give you the background knowledge while tutorials and workshops are about applying it to your learning) and the co curricular courses which are designed to assist with your learning and also give you a range of skills employers look for you will be getting more than enough contact hours.

We can help to structure timetables around work and family commitments but We would expect our students to be in most days of the week.

I hope that helps

Steve
Hi again

Would you be willing to offer any scholarships for law students?
Original post by Abida.etc
Hi again

Would you be willing to offer any scholarships for law students?

Hi @Abida.etc

You can find out about the scholarships and bursaries we offer here: http://www.herts.ac.uk/apply/fees-and-funding/scholarships

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Heather
I am starting this September, was wondering when Freshers week begins for Hertfordshire Univeristy?
Original post by adele.a.p
I am starting this September, was wondering when Freshers week begins for Hertfordshire Univeristy?

Hi @adele.a.p

It's lovely you're going to be studying with us! What course will you be doing?

The details of Fresher's week haven't been announced yet but it's usually the first week of term (term dates here https://www.herts.ac.uk/study/term-and-semester-dates).

Keep an eye on the SU's website and twitter as they will be giving Fresher's updates: https://twitter.com/hertssu?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

At the moment you can vote on the logo for 2018!

Thanks,
Heather
Reply 14
Hello
Just wondering when we will be expected to receive timetables as well as information regarding induction etc.
I am going to be a first year on the Education Studies course. Thank you!
Original post by Chezsa
Hello
Just wondering when we will be expected to receive timetables as well as information regarding induction etc.
I am going to be a first year on the Education Studies course. Thank you!

Hi @Chezsa,

Nice to meet you :wavey:

Have you received an email with details on how to login and view your joining instructions? This will include info on your course and induction session. https://ask.herts.ac.uk/joining-instructions

Thanks,
Heather

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending