The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Hertfordshire or Anglia Ruskin for filmmaking course?

Hi everyone! I need to choose between Hertfordshire and ARU. I’m going to study film and tv and don’t actually know where the quality of education is better. Maybe you can help me(
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi everyone! I need to choose between Hertfordshire and ARU. I’m going to study film and tv and don’t actually know where the quality of education is better. Maybe you can help me(

Hi there,
Great to see you're looking at film and tv - here at Herts, our high quality programmes will equip you with professional skills from the outset, leading to great career options.
We're proud to be 1st in the UK for production excellence in visual effects according to The Rookies Top Global Creative Schools, 2023 and our film and tv production students were winners of the prestigious Best Drama Award and Best Production Design Craft Award at the Royal Television Society London Student Awards in 2022.
You'll benefit from our close industry partnerships and links - Warner Bros and the Production Guild as well as Halo Post Production and the ENVY Academy. We're also in partnership with the Edinburgh International Television Festival talen network scheme, giving final year students the opportunity to apply for this highly acclaimed talent programme that can help to fast track you to employment. You'll also receive guest lectures from leading industry names, and our location offers invaluable work placement and networking opportunities.
As a uni, we invest in the latest technologies so that you have access to the most cutting edge production and post-production equipment.
Have a read of Adam's story for a flavour of the kind of success that graduates are enjoying and of course, read our Film and Television Production course page for more detail.
Hope this helps - it would be great for you to visit to see the industry-standard facilities we offer and chat to our course leaders - our next open day is on 27 April and you can sign up here.
Best wishes for your exciting journey ahead!
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi!
I'm a third year who goes to ARU currently🙂 I don't study film and TV but I do study BA Hons Digital Media Production, even though it's in a different faculty I can try my best to offer some insight.

Studying this course would mean you have access to industry-standard facilities such as a film studio, a multi-camera television studio with modular set panels and modern set dressing, a full range of location kit from 4K digital cameras, professional lighting, to Steadicam and just so so much more. You can read the course page for a full list! https://www.aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/film-and-television-production#facilities

In terms of the quality of teaching and education, you'll be taught be people how have experience in the industry. The course also carries the ScreenSkills Select quality-mark, which indicates courses best suited to prepare students for a career in the screen industries.

You could also benefit from extra-curriculars too like joining the organising committees of Watersprite International Student Film Festival or volunteering or interning at the Cambridge International Film Festival (I volunteered here and it was great!) + of course a lot more: https://www.aru.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/film-and-television-production#facilities

We have an open day coming up really soon on the 20th Jan, if you're able to it would be great for you to see everything in person and talk to people face to face🙂 Then you can look at everything physically, hopefully you can make it! Here's the link to sign up: https://www.aru.ac.uk/study/open-day/book-your-place
Reply 3
The Herts course is CILECT accredited. A member of the congress of top film schools in the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending