The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Games Art - not heard anything

My son hasn’t heard anything from Herts about his application for Games Art and I was wondering if this is normal? I know how oversubscribed the courses are for the department but I remember at the open day being told interviews were held in February. He sent his portfolio on 4th February.
Is there anyone I could speak with? My anxiety just can’t take it.
Thanks.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Peonylady
My son hasn’t heard anything from Herts about his application for Games Art and I was wondering if this is normal? I know how oversubscribed the courses are for the department but I remember at the open day being told interviews were held in February. He sent his portfolio on 4th February.
Thanks.
Hi @Peonylady,
I'm sorry to hear this - please can you advise your son to contact us at [email protected] and the team will look into this?
Thank you,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Thanks.
My son’s interview is not till mid March
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
My son’s interview is not till mid March
Thanks that makes me feel a little better about this. Can I ask when he heard from them?
Thanks that makes me feel a little better about this. Can I ask when he heard from them?
Yesterday !
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Yesterday !
Awesome! Fingers crossed for him.
Reply 6
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @Peonylady,
I'm sorry to hear this - please can you advise your son to contact us at [email protected] and the team will look into this?
Thank you,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
Had no response at all from emails and my son still hasn’t had anything via email or UCAS. Is it worth calling Admissions?
Had no response at all from emails and my son still hasn’t had anything via email or UCAS. Is it worth calling Admissions?
Hi @Peonylady,
I'm so sorry to see that you haven't had a response. Please call 01707 284800 and select the Admissions option, and a member of the team will look into this for you.
Best wishes,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications
Reply 8
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @Peonylady,
I'm so sorry to see that you haven't had a response. Please call 01707 284800 and select the Admissions option, and a member of the team will look into this for you.
Best wishes,
Gaynor
I did in the call and was told by a lovely lady that her manager had chased the department about these delays the day before. She wasn’t however, able to give me a timeframe on how much longer it would be.
In the mean time my son is getting anxious about being able to reserve appropriate and affordable accommodation at whichever university he chooses as his preferred choice.
I would have thought that seeing as this is a regularly oversubscribed course (having been told that last year some 1000 applications were made for the 100 spaces) that strategies would have been put in place to be more efficient. I understand it takes time to review applications and portfolios but it’s not as though it wasn’t expected.
It is frustrating.
I did in the call and was told by a lovely lady that her manager had chased the department about these delays the day before. She wasn’t however, able to give me a timeframe on how much longer it would be.
In the mean time my son is getting anxious about being able to reserve appropriate and affordable accommodation at whichever university he chooses as his preferred choice.
I would have thought that seeing as this is a regularly oversubscribed course (having been told that last year some 1000 applications were made for the 100 spaces) that strategies would have been put in place to be more efficient. I understand it takes time to review applications and portfolios but it’s not as though it wasn’t expected.
It is frustrating.
Hi @Peonylady,
Good to hear that you spoke to the team yesterday and received some reassurance. I understand that the volume of portfolios received this year is higher than ever before, and that the tutors are working through them as quickly as they can. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too much longer for a response.
In terms of accommodation, we're so sorry that this is causing your son some worry due to the wait on the application outcome. We offer an accommodation guarantee for main cycle applicants who apply before 15 August 2024 and confirm acceptance of a place to study before 22 August 2024 - applicants are invited to apply for accommodation when they receive an offer.
I do hope this allays your and your son's worries somewhat, but please let me know if there's anything more I can help with.
Best wishes,
Gaynor
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending