The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

night life but living on clifton campus

Hi guys I'm interested in studying at ntu, and my course will be based in clifton campus if i go.

I know that clifton campus isn't actually in the city, but i want the Nottingham night life experience.

I just wanted to know, how do you guys go out if you live in clifton? are there transports links in early hours of morning? or would staying in city halls be better to experience it? (even though I would have to travel back in to clifton)

Any opinions welcome!
Original post by luke_etherington
Hi guys I'm interested in studying at ntu, and my course will be based in clifton campus if i go.

I know that clifton campus isn't actually in the city, but i want the Nottingham night life experience.

I just wanted to know, how do you guys go out if you live in clifton? are there transports links in early hours of morning? or would staying in city halls be better to experience it? (even though I would have to travel back in to clifton)

Any opinions welcome!

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your question.

So our Clifton Campus is just 4 miles outside of Nottingham City Centre. There are a number of buses that serve the campus running every 10 minutes during the day. For nights out the Nightbus N4 runs through the night from the City Centre to the Clifton Campus at 00:15, 01:15, 02:15 and 03:15.

During Welcome Week if you decide to go to the City nights out there will be buses running with the Freshers’ Team on taking you to the clubs.

It is possible to live on the City Campus and commute to Clifton for lectures. My previous housemate, Jon, studied Sports Science at Clifton but lived with us on the City Campus. Jon used to the get the Go2 Uni 4 bus service every day.

It really depends what you want, Luke. Either way you’ll be jumping on a bus, just depends which one that is!

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Tim NTU TSR Rep
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Luke,

So our Clifton Campus is just 4 miles outside of Nottingham City Centre. There are a number of buses that serve the campus running every 10 minutes during the day. For nights out the Nightbus N4 runs through the night from the City Centre to the Clifton Campus at 00:15, 01:15, 02:15 and 03:15.

During Welcome Week if you decide to go to the City nights out there will be buses running with the Freshers’ Team on taking you to the clubs.

It is possible to live on the City Campus and commute to Clifton for lectures. My previous housemate, Jon, studied Sports Science at Clifton but lived with us on the City Campus. Jon used to the get the Go2 Uni 4 bus service every day.

It really depends what you want, Luke. Either way you’ll be jumping on a bus, just depends which one that is!

Tim NTU TSR Rep

Hi tim, thanks for the reply, I was also wondering..

How common is it that people stay in the city and travel into clifton, do a lot of students do it? Im also looking to study sport science with management.

could you stay in any of the city halls or would you have to stay in the closest city halls? and is the go2 uni bus service outside all of the city halls?

And which halls did your previous house mate (jon) stay in may i ask?

Many thanks,

Luke
Original post by luke_etherington
Hi tim, thanks for the reply, I was also wondering..

How common is it that people stay in the city and travel into clifton, do a lot of students do it? Im also looking to study sport science with management.

could you stay in any of the city halls or would you have to stay in the closest city halls? and is the go2 uni bus service outside all of the city halls?

And which halls did your previous house mate (jon) stay in may i ask?

Many thanks,

Luke

Hi Luke,

The majority of students studying in Clifton will be living on Clifton Campus however, it's not uncommon for student to live in the city and study at Clifton. I couldn't be able to put a number on it but if you choose to do that you wouldn't be the only one!

You can choose to live in any hall that you want when the booking opens so it could be any of the City halls. The Go2 Uni 4 bus service departs from outside the Cornerhouse, which is just around the corner from the City Campus, meaning if you're living in one of the City Campus halls it's about a 5 minute walk to the bus stop.

Jon and I lived in Sandby during our first year at NTU. I absolutely loved my time there, such a social hall with the opportunity to meet lots of people - worth checking out if you're thinking of living in the city.

Tim - NTU TSR Rep
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Luke,

Tim NTU TSR Rep

Going to Clifton Campus also

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending