The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

the maltings??

Hi,
cause i applied late only the maltings are available, just wanted to know wot people think of the maltings as iv not found any1 else who seems to be stayin there!

Are they ok or should i consider private accomodation?
Il be studyin at clifton
Thanks
May I direct your attention here?

I too studied at Clifton from The Maltings, and it only took an hour tops between journeys. Which isn't that bad with an MP3 Player, a book, or a Nintendo DS.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
im staying at the maltings. lets hoook up lol x
i'm at the maltings too wooohooo
Reply 4
woooooooo. thats 2people :smile: lol.
Reply 5
I applied to study ICT at Trent through Extra and I am studying at Clifton campus. However, I am staying in The Maltings.

Is anyone in the postition to answer the following questions for me please?:

1) Is the travel (tram and bus) reliable?
2) How often are the tram and buses?
3) What time approx will my earliest (and latest) lecture/seminar be?
4) What is the social life like in The Maltings? (IMPORTANT!)
5) In all honesty is it a pain having to travel 30-60 mins a day to get to a lecture?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated! Cheers
Did you read the post at the link I directed y'all to? At all!? *le sigh*

I shouldn't be doing this for you...

1. Tram is reliable, but tends to be crammed, and takes about 5 minutes longer than the bus. But then, the bus isn't as reliable as it used to be since they took away the #69. Despite it being a supposedly "Every 10 minutes" service, you'll be lucky at times to get one every 20 minutes...

2. Trams tend to be every 5 minutes or so. I couldn't say for the buses since they've changed the service to Basford.

3. 9 AM earliest. 4PM latest. That IS for computer related courses though, since they lump them all together for the first year, with maybe a few minor module changes.

4. Depends on the people who stay there, obviously.

5. Not if you busy yourself with a book, MP3 player, or Nintendo DS.
i had the option of maltings, and havent taken it because, its the furthest out of city centre...and to be honest, it isnt the greatest of the uni halls...hence its has vacancies at this late date...

id suggest victoria halls, thats where im staying (phase 1)
artisticmusic
i had the option of maltings, and havent taken it because, its the furthest out of city centre...and to be honest, it isnt the greatest of the uni halls...hence its has vacancies at this late date...

Yeah, but it's not the worst either. People are just put off because it's the furthest away and because, since it's the cheapest, they think it's nasty.
artisticmusic

i had origional booked a place at gordon house which is nearer yes buit when i went to look it was horrible and the area really put me off just beacuse it was nearer didnt mean it was nicer and when i asked to change the maltings was all that was left but when i looked round it was really nice and the rooms seemed a really good size the only difference it has to the other halls is that it is a little older because it is a converted mill or something like that doesnt mean it is the worse

Oh, how wrong you are!!! Yes, They are the furthest out of town but they are only 10 mintues away on the tram which runs about every 5-7 mins. Some halls are a longer walk than that - like victoria!!!

Our halls are possibly the greatest uni halls - i should know i moved out of my old one (Trinity Square) and looked at all the uni accomodation before deciding. There are always parties going on here, the people get on well, the community likes us and the local pub is legendary.

The people people who move into victoria are another specimen - you can literally smell the weed blocks away and nobody gets any work done.

Anyways - we are all entitiled to our opininons...
Reply 11
I will be living in the maltings this coming school year. i originally was put off by the fact they where far out from city center, but after loooking through other maltings threads, and talking with some people that will be living there next year, i can not wait.

im in room 10505 btw
I can't wait to stay in the Maltings. I chose it simply because it looks a nice renovated building (dads a builder so I like architecture) with a free tram/bus pass and the tram goes past asda for all my shopping needs. The distance isn't important as I've always had to use public transport to get around.

I can't wait to stay there :-)
I am about to start my postgrad and just registered yesterday at Essex but don’t know how long before I get my Studnet ID card and council tax exemption letter? Do Maltings demand these straightway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending