The Student Room Group

University of Exeter Vs University of Bristol

I got an offer to both Exeter and Bristol to study Economics and Finance, but don't know which to choose. (offers are A*AA and AAA respectively). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 11 months ago)
Bristol
Original post by SilverBroom6801
I got an offer to both Exeter and Bristol to study Economics and Finance, but don't know which to choose. (offers are A*AA and AAA respectively). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Compare the course content for all three years. Are there any optional modules, what would you choose? Are there any placement opportunities? Then compare locations (cost, ease of travel, availability of accommodation, social life, etc). Exeter is a much smaller city than Bristol.
Original post by SilverBroom6801

They are very different and you will need to decide which you prefer. Bristol is 4-5 times the size of Exeter. The Exeter campus is extremely green and very hilly. Most accommodation in Exeter is on campus. The accommodation in Bristol is off campus and some is a few miles away. Bristol will offer more nightlife than Exeter whilst Exeter is far safer. Exeter will give you more of a campus feel whilst Bristol will be more of a cityy feel. You need to decide what is right for you and decide which course best suits your needs.
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
The accommodation in Bristol is off campus and some is a few miles away.

This is only the older Halls of Residence at Stoke Bishop - there is now lots of newer accommodation in the city centre : https://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/about/villages/
Original post by McGinger
This is only the older Halls of Residence at Stoke Bishop - there is now lots of newer accommodation in the city centre : https://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/about/villages/

There are approx 2500 rooms in Stoke Bishop. Some of the clifton halls are a fair walk away. How many are there actually on campus. Probably 75% of Exeters rooms are on the campus and very little is more than 15 minutes walk. That is a huge difference that needs to be considered.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending