The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology B2 Unofficial Markscheme 2017

Guys post your answers here!

Original post by Nathnoodle
Q1. a) i) Where are epithelial cells located?
A. They line the insides of the lungs, the gastrointestinal tract, the reproductive and urinary tracts, and make up the exocrine and endocrine glands. Skin may be accepted

Q1. a) ii) Label 1 and 2 from the diagram.
A. 1. Cell membrane (not cell wall) 2. cytoplasm

Q1. a) iii) What do ribosomes do?
A. Protein synthesis

Q1 b?) What is diffusion?
A. Where particles move/ diffuse from high concentration to low concentration to make them more equal

Q2) How should a student investigate the distribution of a plant A using a quadrat and a soil pH measurer?
A.
*Quadrat placed randomly, non biased location, and student counts amount of the plant in a section, then takes the soil pH.
*Does this in multiple locations to see the distribution of these plants, comparing them to pH levels.
*Record results in table and plot on graph to see correlation
*Can be repeated so results are accurate

Scroll to see replies

Come on
Reply 2
What didn't everyone get for the calculation question?
Reply 3
What did**
Reply 4
my friends, my friends I have memorised all. Iam going through the answers with a group of qualified teacher as we speak.
Meanwhile please send any questions you remember in case the questions i memorised were incorrect.
Reply 5
Original post by mickss
What didn't everyone get for the calculation question?

4%
lll
For epithelial I got the answer as the stomach. For the calculation I got 50% but I don't think it's correct. In the last question about the birds I put stuff down like genetic variation, environmental change, natural selection, how the birds have been isolated and that they can't interbreed successfully anymore. In the genetic diagram question I got 1/4 chances for the child to have the AKU or something.
Reply 8
Original post by Gagandeepp
for the speciation question (last one) I talked about:

- geographical isolation
- natural selection (survival of the fittest)
- mutilation (because of that)
- speciation (they can't interbreed)
- these changes caused speciation
- they were still similar as they evolved from same species but few changes are due to the environment they are in.

Something along those lines.

Good points given! for geographical isolation i talked about pangea since it was after dinosaurs and across continents in the world.
What about sampling?
Original post by borisbagels
For epithelial I got the answer as the stomach. For the calculation I got 50% but I don't think it's correct. In the last question about the birds I put stuff down like genetic variation, environmental change, natural selection, how the birds have been isolated and that they can't interbreed successfully anymore. In the genetic diagram question I got 1/4 chances for the child to have the AKU or something.

it was 25% equation
(edited 6 years ago)
I got 50% and stomach. The tickbox was protein synthesis, the one on chromosomes? The first part of question 6 literally came up years before, and the mark schemes said an allele can be described as a "type of a certain gene" or a certain gene form.
Original post by Runaways
I got 50% and stomach. The tickbox was protein synthesis, the one on chromosomes? The first part of question 6 literally came up years before, and the mark schemes said an allele can be described as a "type of a certain gene" or a certain gene form.

I did the gentic diagram in pencil does anyone know if this is still valid as I did get 1/4
Reply 13
Original post by WEST_123
I did the gentic diagram in pencil does anyone know if this is still valid as I did get 1/4

I myself got 25%
What did you get for the last question like what did you write exactly if you can remember, I mentioned how the climates were similar so therefore had similar features wbu
Reply 15
Original post by hairyhobo1
What about sampling?

Random!
i failed the last question lol
What did everyone put the Ph3 question with the amylase . I put the reaction would be slower as amylase works better with a PH of 7 and there was no starch produced so the reaction would be slower
first question was the Epilethal Tissue or the Stomach I think.
Reply 19
What was the last question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending