The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
This is the best site ever to learn from. It has lots of stuff and you can even sownload software or draw graphs!
Reply 41
i can't argue with that!!!
Reply 42
none of these sites are working for me and i need edexcel c3 papers.. eep. the first one won't accept my tsr username and password?
Reply 44
I wrote a guide to writing TeX on TSR a couple of weeks ago, which some of you will hopefully find useful. It was based on the A-level specification, with the required TeX for the later modules being towards the end of the guide (roughly speaking).

:smile:
I'm looking for june 04 S1 OCR please.

Does anyone know where I can find that?
cowsgomoo
I'm looking for june 04 S1 OCR please.

Does anyone know where I can find that?

I don't think OCR papers can generally be found on the internet - at least not in my experience. Best bet would probably to ask at school.
Reply 47
can anyone show me websites have a past paper and mark scheme of OCR?
thkz u very much :smile:
Reply 48
Hello!
I'm currently doing P1 (Thats similar to C1)
with that I'm also doing M1
I'm doing this from Cambridge Internation Examinations (CIE)
i need past papers of mechanics and mark schemes
Reply 49
Site is now blocked on TSR?
Reply 50
TheWolf
Solomon core papers +mark schemes

C1
C2
C3
C4

crap password needed now.

hi these papers need a password, could anyone please tell me how to download these exam papers
thanks
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-06Spring-2005/VideoLectures/index.htm
Some video-lectures... Haven't watched _these_ but did listen to some others, which I'd recommend.

edit: http://www.cs.utk.edu/~dongarra/etemplates/node5.html (Textbook on eigenvalues...)
Here are more MIT lectures... on differential equations this time...
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-03Spring-2006/VideoLectures/index.htm
Reply 53
I've been watching these for a few days now.

Differential Equations MIT lectures:
First one is interesting, you should watch it.
Second is tedious (numerical methods) and seems ok to skip as far as I can see.
Third is the integrating factor method from FP1, so the lecture is skippable if you've done that (for future lectures you might want to know the cooling/concentration laws -> dT/dt = k(T_e - T) where T_e is environmental temperature. Concentration law is identical with concentration for temperature).
Fourth is two first order cases and which substitutions to use. Interesting. This is as far as I've got, now I'm going to do 'recitation' number 4.

Linear Algebra:
First lecture is interesting, explaining how to represent simultaneous equations with matrices.
Second lecture attempts to introduce elimination but oh dear god he explains it badly, I gave up half way through the example.
Reply 54
I found a website the other day which has like all the papers and mark schemes for free. It was just a plain looking website with tonnes of blue links. Does anyone know and can tell me which site this is?
I was just searching for some multivariable calculus stuff that I needed to sort out on a problem I worked through, though I'd post a quite helpful link with examples and explanations and a lot of exercises:smile:

Clicky
Reply 56
If anyone has questions they're stuck on, the AskNRICH boards on nrich.maths.org are very helpful.
Reply 57
The NRICH board annoys me. It's so uptight.
Reply 58
Speleo
The NRICH board annoys me. It's so uptight.

Interesting. I think I might be similar: I enjoy the TSR atmosphere more than that on NRICH for two main reasons. First, I prefer the more casual, chatty nature of the Maths board here. Second, I like the number of other forums here, which I can all access on one account and site, instead of having to go to a number of boards, eg. D&D/GD/Phys.

This is really only my personal preference, though. I'm sure many other people prefer the (stricter) NRICH board. :smile:
Reply 59
I agree 100%. The past paper rules on this site are another reason I prefer it.

Latest